Happy Memorial Day weekend, friends!
I’m so excited to spend this weekend in town with friends and family, and maybe checking out the pool.
You’ve probably seen dozens of colorful fruity creations all over social media lately, looking so fancy and fresh.
Tarts are supposed to be fancy, right?
What if I told you tarts could be both fancy and incredibly easy to make?
These 5-Ingredient Raw Strawberries ‘N’ Cream Tarts come together in less than 30 minutes without turning on your oven.
So let’s do the 5-ingredient breakdown, shall we?
We’ve got the crust, which is simply almonds and dates. It reminds me of a Lara Bar because it’s dense and sweet and chewy. I love that it’s just two ingredients!
If you don’t have almonds, use any nuts in their place.
I ran into a bit of an obstacle when I realized that I didn’t have tart pan, so I ended up using a muffin tin and to form mini-tart shells.
If you have a tart pan or even a pie pan, you can press the crust mixture into that to form a circular pizza-like tart, or use a muffin tin like me.
Alternatively, if you don’t have any equipment, fear not, friends! They might not look as pretty, but I have absolute faith that you can form these shells with your hands.
Either method you choose, you need to use your fingers to shape the shell so that the sides are higher with a dip in the center for the condiments.
The next two ingredients are for the coconut cream.
Honestly this is the hardest part of this easy recipe right here.
Coconut cream takes a bit of whipping into submission (pun totally intended), but if you follow some simple steps you will have a fluffy whip in no time!
I followed the Oh She Glows step by step tutorial and after a few trials I had the perfect white fluff that any dessert would be proud to wear.
The coconut cream comes from just canned coconut milk with the addition of maple syrup for a touch of sweetness.
My favorite brand of coconut cream is this brand because there is no guar gum in the ingredients, which is hard to come by in the coconut milk world!
If you started making these and realized that, darn, you don’t have a chilled can of coconut milk to use, or, if you’re just in in a hurry to entertain and need raw tarts and need them NOW, I have some easy solutions.
The brand from the link above sells coconut cream that can be mixed with maple syrup on the spot for a similar taste, or, top your tarts with your favorite almond or coconut based yogurt.
The last ingredient in the breakdown is, duh, strawberries.
Slice ’em up and throw them on top, or, for a sweeter option, heat them on the stovetop with a drizzle of maple syrup until they get all soft and syrupy.
So there you have it, friends, the anatomy of a raw strawberries ‘n’ cream tart.
They’re ideal for spring and summer entertaining and would look perfect for your Memorial Day spread! I don’t know about you, but I fully intend to eat mine pool-side this weekend.
I recommend storing your coconut cream, tart crust, and sliced strawberries separately in the fridge and assembling right before serving for the freshest taste and appearance.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend, friends!
If you make these 5-Ingredient Raw Strawberries ‘N’ Cream Tarts, I’d love to hear what you think. Show me your creations @flora_and_vino on Instagram or use #floraandvino!
Do you love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get recipe updates sent right to your inbox!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 full fat can coconut cream, chilled overnight
- 1-2 TBS maple syrup
- Sliced Strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- To make the tart crusts, pulse the almonds into flour in a food processor.
- Add the dates and process until they stick together.
- Press 2-3 TBS of mixture into the bottom of a muffin tin lined with parchment paper (to avoid sticking) to mold your tart shape.
- To make the coconut cream, chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- After chilling the can, open the can and scoop the solid white coconut cream into the bowl. Discard the coconut water or save it for another use.
- Using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until fluffy and smooth. Add in maple syrup to taste. Return whipped cream to fridge until ready to use.
- Slice your strawberries as topping, or, for a sweeter alternative, heat the strawberries slices over the stovetop at low heat with a drizzle of maple syrup. Allow to cool.
- Store coconut cream, tart crusts, and and sliced strawberry mixture in the fridge until ready to serve. They will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
- To assemble the tarts, spread chilled coconut cream onto each tart and top with fresh strawberries slices and fresh mint. Serve immediately and return all leftovers to the fridge.
**For the Coconut Cream, I followed the Oh She Glows tutorial!