I’ve got the whole world…in my bowl.
The name for this Blue Galaxy Bowl came from a clever Instagram comment on my original version of this bowl.
It was one of those breakfasts I threw together in a hurry, not trying to make anything extra special or “out of this world”.
The comment read, “That galaxy color” and I probably sent back a bunch of emojis in agreement and I’ve been calling them Galaxy Bowls ever since.
I’m not sure when it happened, but blueberries are now my favorite fruit. I love that they are low in sugar and the brilliant blue they add to bowls.
This is currently my favorite smoothie bowl to enjoy, and I might be biased but I think it tastes a little better if you’re still in sweaty polka dotted gym pants while spooning it in.
I love to refuel after my workouts with a smoothie bowl because they’re so versatile, energizing, and require little to no prep time.
Basically, it’s fast food nicecream that happens to have all of the good stuff you need to take on the day.
Note: If you don’t have polka dotted leggings, any gym attire will do.
Writing this post is giving me all of the FOMO right now because I just happen to be sitting in sweaty polka dotted gym pants after an intense Yoga Sculpt class.
If you’ve been following along on Instagram, you know I’m currently in California with family for a wedding.
For a while when I was little I wanted to be an anthropologist and travel the world, staying with different cultures and writing about them.
Now I’m pretty sure I just want to stay home and study smoothie bowl galaxies.
I’m beyond excited and grateful to see family and the west coast, but am also secretly counting down the days to be reunited with this galactic bowl.
I hope you love this Blue Galaxy Smoothie Bowl as much as I do.
Feel free to mix up the toppings and share with me your galactic creations!
Give me a shout on instagram @flora_and_vino and use hashtag #floraandvino and tell me what you think!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup steamed and frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla proptein powder
- 1 TBS nut butter, I like a salted nut/seed butter
- 1 TBS cacao powder (optional)
- a couple sweet dark cherries (optional)
- giant handful of spinach (optional)
- Toppings: shredded coconut, cacao nibs or shaved dark chocolate, fresh blueberries
- Add all ingredients except for the topping to a high speed blender and blend until well combined, scraping down the sides and stirring as needed.
- **Pro Tip: Add the almond milk first, followed by the protein powder, followed by the fruit, so the frozen fruit keeps the powder from flying everywhere when the blender turns on.
- You want the consistency to be smooth and buttery, not icing and chunky. Continue blending, adding more nut butter and/or almond milk to thin, and a little more frozen cauliflower to thicken.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and top with shredded coconut, cacao nibs, and fresh blueberries.
- Serve immediately!