On Sundays I like to prep a treat for the week. Something healthy but satisfying.
If you’re plugged into the health and wellness space, you’ve probably heard the buzz lately about healthy fats.
Your bowl just isn’t complete without a big hunk of avocado or drizzle of nut butter.
I personally am thrilled to see fats get some love because peanut butter, avocado, and coconut are some of my favorites.
So…what if we smushed them all together?
Let’s find out.
These Creamy Peanut Butter Tahini Fat Bites require only five ingredients, one bowl, and a short bake in the oven!
Somewhere between a cookie, macaroon, and an energy ball, they’re perfect for nutritious snacking and meal prepping.
My “Fat Bites” are inspired by the original “Fat Balls” from Lee from America and all of the variations that followed.
I wanted mine to be fatty without being oily, so I made these oil-free but still super luscious with the dreamy combination of peanut butter, tahini, and shredded coconut.
Incorporating more healthy fats in the afternoon/evening helps keep me satiated and productive, and these bites have become my go-to lately to fight the afternoon sleepies.
They’re naturally sweetened with one smashed banana.
Creamy banana pairs perfectly with tahini and peanut butter to make these bites decadent and delicious, because bananas have a little naturally occurring fat themselves.
If you’re looking for a banana-free sweetener, try subbing a few Medjool dates or 1-2 TBS of maple syrup for varied results.
These Creamy Peanut Butter Tahini Fat Bites are THE best combination of all my favorite healthy fats with protein to boost!
Enjoy them as a quick snack or treat whenever.
Throw a couple in your purse on the way to the gym for workout fuel, or munch on some while holiday shopping (a workout in itself).
They’re dense and rich, so 1-2 is sure to keep the hunger at bay!
I like to eat mine straight out of the freezer for a fudge-like treat, but they’re also great re-heated with a glass of almond milk for a more cookies and milk type experience.
Santa will be totally jealous, but you can leave him a few if you’re feeling generous.
If you make these Creamy Peanut Butter Tahini Fat Bites, I want to see!
Come say hi at @flora_and_vino on Instagram and use #floraandvino.
Do you love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 smashed banana
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup runny tahini
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or sub ~3 TBS almond meal or coconut flour for varied results)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut + more for topping
- Toppings: unsweetened shredded coconut, peanut butter drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line and baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Scoop dough not ~2 TBS balls and adds to parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with more coconut if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
- Store fat balls in the fridge for 3-5 days or freeze for a long term storage.