I’m a hot weather person for sure, but it’s been too hot in Virginia, even by my standards.
Our AC has been fickle lately too, not quite broken, but sitting somewhere on the cusp of breaking. Like it’s working wayyyyy too hard.
I welcome you to cool off with me by making this super easy Mexican Macro Bowl!
This macro bowl is inspired by all of the seasonal colorful tomatoes, ears of corn, and giant zucchini you probably have sitting in your fridge right now.
Because don’t they say that spicy foods cool you down?
I love adding zucchini spirals to this bowl for fun texture and crunch.
Confession: I’ve never actually made my own noodles, because Veggie Noodles Co has me totally spoiled.
Their organic, pre-packaged spiraled veggies make adding spiraled veggies to dishes so easy, I don’t need to dust off my spiralizer.
The spiraled veggies contain only one ingredient (the spiraled veg, duh!) and are always crisp and fresh!
If you can’t find the spirals at the store, you can make your own zoodles or sub diced zucchini instead.
My favorite part about this bowl is that it creates a creamy improv dressing as you go.
The avocado, salsa, tahini drizzle, lime, and hot sauce mix together to make the most delicious Mexican MUSH you’ve ever tasted.
It won’t be pretty, but it will taste incredible.
I’ve been proudly chowing down on this bowl of mush every day this week and I swear each day it gets a bit tastier.
If you’re into preppin’ like I am, add this bowl to your weekly menu!
Prepare the quinoa, black beans, cooked corn, and raw veggies in advance and assemble these bowls in less than 10 minutes for a stress-free summer lunch.
Feel free to mix up the veggies to make your own Mexican mix.
My favorite combination for a summer mix is corn, tomatoes, and zucchini but some other ideas are bell pepper, red onion, or carrots.
If you make this Easy Mexican Macro Bowl I’d love to hear what you think and how fast you got it on the table! Show me your creations @flora_and_vino on Instagram or use #floraandvino!
Want more power packed macro bowls? Check out my Garden Tempeh Macro Bowls with Creamy Hemp Heart Ranch, Green Macro Bowl with Turmeric Tahini, Spring Macro Bowl, or Summer Beet Macro Bowl with Sweet Beet Tahini.
If you love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get recipe updates sent right to your inbox!
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed and shredded
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinse
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup Veggie Noodles Co Organic Zucchini Spirals
- ½ cup cooked yellow corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup salsa
- Sliced avocado (I usually use ½ on each bowl)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Hot sauce (optional but recommended)
- Tahini drizzle (optional but recommended)
- Fresh squeezed lime
- If you haven't already done so, cook your quinoa first according to package instructions.
- Wash and chop all of your veggies.
- To assemble, divide kale between bowls and top with black beans, quinoa, zucchini spirals, corn, cherry tomatoes, and avocado.
- Dress with salsa, hot sauce, tahini drizzle, lime, and cilantro.
- Keep leftovers separately in the fridge for up to one week.
This post is brought to you by Veggie Noodles Co, but all words and eats are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep me hungry!