My Favorite Veggie Scramble is here for the making!
It took me forever to get this classic recipe photographed and on the blog because I felt so indebted to the veg.
Sometimes staple recipes are the hardest for me, because I feel like the dish deserves to be featured in the BEST possible way to really communicate its utter deliciousness, ya know?
I know that My Favorite Veggie Scramble is about to become yours, too, so I probably should have called it something a little less possessive.
But I can share…I think…
The best thing about this “Scramble” is that you’ve got so many options.
I stripped this scramble down to it’s veg-core and so you can build this up to meet your needs.
Enjoy it as is for a light meal, or add protein like tofu, tempeh, or legumes.
I love to serve mine with my favorite veggie patty crumbled and mixed in.
If you’re not a savory breakfast person, whip this up for easy weeknight meals or a quick lunch.
I’ve probably seen this on my dinner table as many times as I have for breakfast because it’s so easy to throw together when you need to eat NOW and nothing is prepared.
The key to the perfect “scramble” is the seasonings and herbs you throw in.
As a seasoned “scrambler”, I finally settled on this mixture of sweet paprika, turmeric, and nutritional yeast paired with copious amounts of cilantro and green onion to achieve my scramble nirvana.
The vegetables in this dish are customizable too, so feel free to mix and match.
All you need are onions and garlic for the base and two cups of fresh (or frozen) veggies that you’re currently digging.
I go through stages of being completely obsessed with one variation or another, but they’re all so good!
For this photographed meal I chose white button mushrooms, red bell pepper, asparagus, shredded carrot, and spinach.
Some other ideas I’ve tried and loved are broccoli, zucchini, shredded beets, leeks, radishes, and kale.
Make it yours!
If you make My (Your) Favorite Veggie Scramble, let me know! I’d love to see your variations.
Give me a shout on instagram @flora_and_vino and use hashtag #floraandvino to show me your creations!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
- coconut oil spray (or ¼ c, veggie broth for oil free option)
- ½ small white onion, diced
- 2 CUPS VEGGIES OF CHOICE
- I chose:
- ½ c. shredded carrots
- ½ c. red bell pepper, diced
- ½ c, asparagus, diced
- ½ c. white button mushrooms
- 2 green onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 TBS nutritional yeast
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- FOR SERVING
- Avocado, hot sauce, salsa, hummus, etc.
- ADD INS
- tofu, tempeh, chickpeas, or your favorite veggie burger
- Spray a nonstick pan with coconut oil and heat over medium high, or alternatively, heat veggie broth for oil free option.
- Once warm, add in onions and garlic powder and sauce until onions are translucent and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the carrots, asparagus, mushrooms, and bell pepper (or vegetables of your choice) along with a pinch of Himalayan sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until veggies are fork tender.
- Within the last few minutes of sautéing, add the sweet paprika, turmeric, and nutritional yeast along with a giant handful of spinach. Turn heat to medium low and cover the pan with a lid for 2-3 minutes, until spinach wilts.
- Slightly stir the mixture before serving to mix nutritional yeast and spices.
- Serve with protein, avocado, hot sauce, salsa, or hummus.