This week I went “LIVE” for the first time on Instagram.
I love taking photos and I’ve gotten pretty comfortable in front of a lens, but put me in front of a video camera and I turn into jello.
Naturally I was nervous, like opening and closing blinds to check the lighting and reapplying lip balm nervous, and then Harper ditched me on the couch seconds before the camera went rolling.
But it was a lot of fun and I got to have a great conversation with one of my favorite brands.
The conversation took me out of my own head and reminded me to focus on communicating a message instead of obsessing on the perception of it.
It was a gentle reminder to myself to continue to do things that put me outside of my comfort zone.
Here’s one for you: Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats with Chocolate Cashew Cream.
You’re going to love this easy and decadent blend to start off the day, paired with a creamy 3-ingredient chocolate cashew cream.
Throw it all in a jar and treat yourself to hot chocolate in the morning.
Comfort zones be darned.
How is it less than a month until Christmas?!
I got my haircut over the weekend and when my hair dresser handed me my Christmas card I was speechless in the spinning chair.
Not only because of the realization that, yes, Christmas is coming, but because I hadn’t written her card yet and won’t see her until the new year.
And here I was metaphorically patting myself on the for just having purchased my cards before December.
(Also, I’m thinking about cutting off all of my hair. But that’s a story for another day.)
Anyway, so things have been crazy, as I’m sure they have been for you, too, friend.
Enter Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats.
Lately, I’ve been all about overnight oats (and I’m always all about hot chocolate).
They come together so quickly, and I’m actually starting to like the taste of them better than classic stovetop oats.
Soaking them keeps the “oat” intact, and prevents the unattractive “sludge” that sometimes happens when you make them on the stovetop.
I was really excited to try Modern Oats recently and I instantly loved their “Just Oats” blend, because, like it suggest, it’s just oats!
They come in convenient instant cups that are perfect for grab-and-go meals.
They’re also certified gluten free, which is something I always look for in my oatmeal.
Enjoy these Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats as a quick breakfast that will make you feel cozy on the craziest mornings.
If you’re short on time and don’t want to use a blender, skip the Chocolate Cashew Cream and enjoy the rich chocolate-y oats as is.
Eat them chilled from the fridge or try them warm for a more authentic “Hot Chocolate” feel.
I like mine cold with fresh berries and lots of shaved dark chocolate, the darker the better!
If you make these Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats with Chocolate Cashew Cream, I want to see!
Come say hi at @flora_and_vino on Instagram and use #floraandvino.
If you loved this post and want more, go to my homepage and subscribe to get deliciousness delivered right to your inbox!
Loving the oatmeal plus veg combo? Check out my Purple Sweet Potato Overnight Oats, Apple Pie Zucchini Oats, Golden Oats With Summer Squash, Turmeric, & Cashew Butter and Creamy Cauliflower Overnight Oats recipes too!
- HOT CHOCOLATE OVERNIGHT OATS
- 1 cup Modern Oats Just Oats
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk yogurt
- 2 TBS chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 2 TBS cacao powder
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- CHOCOLATE CASHEW CREAM
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 20 mins, then drained and rinsed
- 2-3 Medjool dates or sub maple syrup to taste
- 2-3 TBS cacao powder
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk + more as needed to reach desired consistency
- For serving: unsweetened almond milk yogurt, fresh berries, shaved dark chocolate
- Divide all Hot Chocolate Oats ingredients between 2-3 mason jars and stir gently to combine.
- Prep the Chocolate Cashew Cream in advance by blending together soaked cashews, dates, cacao powder, and almond milk until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed to reincorporate. Add more almond milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Transfer to an airtight container.
- Store the Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats and Chocolate Cashew Cream separately and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, gently fluff the oats, then top with chocolate cashew cream, fresh berries, almond milk yogurt, and shaved dark chocolate.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days.
This post is brought to you by Modern Oats, but all words and eats are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep me hungry!