Dan has a theory that food tastes better if you clean the dirty dishes before you chow down.
I wouldn’t know, because I always greedily dig into my food while I let the dirty dishes “soak”.
They totally need to do that, you know.
That’s why I make meals like this One-Pan Paprika Spiced Summer Veg & Chickpeas dish; so there’s only one pan staring up at me under soap suds after dinner.
Oh, and because it tastes like everything fiery and fun about summer in a pan.
I love making this one-pan meal because it builds on itself until you’re left with a pan brimming with perfectly spiced chickpeas and veg.
How can all that flavor fit in just one pan? Well, it’s a big pan.
No, seriously, pull out your largest pan for this recipe, because you need to accommodate for a lot!
The blend of spices and flavors going on in this little one pan meal is alone pretty impressive.
Smokey paprika, tart lemon, spicy red pepper flakes, and sweet basil all play a part.
I added all of my favorite seasonal summer vegetables along with a can of chickpeas for plant-based protein.
Cook up this easy one-pan meal whenever you’re craving something quick and healthy for dinner with minimal clean up.
I like mine with a little extra lemon and red pepper flakes.
Make this One-Pan Paprika Spiced Summer Veg & Chickpeas in summer when summer squash, tomatoes, and corn are in season, or enjoy year-round if you can find good produce.
If you make this One-Pan Paprika Spiced Summer Veg & Chickpeas, let me know!
Give me a shout on instagram @flora_and_vino and use hashtag #floraandvino to show me your bowls!
For more one-pan meals, check out my Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, & Chickpeas (“My Favorite Tray Dinner”), Rosemary Roasted Cauliflower Salad, or Maple Balsamic Brussel Sprout & Chickpea Bake With Toasted Pecan & Cranberry.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1-2 tsp avocado oil OR sub veggie broth for OF option
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large summer squash, cut into ¼" rounds and diced
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ¼" rounds and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup steamed corn
- Handful of spinach, chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 green onion, diced
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Heat avocado oil or veggie broth in a skillet over medium.
- Once warm, add diced white onion, chickpeas, and garlic powder and cook 3-4 minutes, until chickpeas are slightly browned and onions are translucent.
- Next, add bell pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add summer squash, zucchini, smoke paprika, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper and cook 3-4 more minutes.
- Finally, add cherry tomatoes, steamed corn, optional spinach, a squeeze of lemon and pinch pf red pepper flakes, and heat 1-2 more minutes until spinach has wilted and cherry tomatoes get juicy.
- Add a handful of fresh basil leaves and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days.