Well hello there and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
How was your transition from 2017 to 2018?
Dan and I visited a new winery in the area and loved it so much that we decided to join and become members. New year, new wine?
We were home well before midnight and curled up on the couch with Harper to enjoy the last hours of the year.
I woke up on on New Years Day determined to try some new things and put my intentions to the test.
In life and in the kitchen.
One of my goals for 2018 is to incorporate more savory snacks and breakfasts.
These Savory Yogurt Bowl with Cinnamon Roasted Veggies offer up a low-sugar and fruit-free option to the classically sweet yogurt-parfait!
Have you tried roasting veggies in cinnamon yet?
The method of roasting vegetables automatically draws out the natural sweetness in them, but when you sprinkle them with cinnamon…well, you might as well be eating candy.
Delicata squash, carrots, and green zucchini are some of my personal favorites to pair with yogurt, but any veggies will work! I’ve also tried and loved brussel sprouts, beets, and summer squash.
Sweet potato is a always a winner, too, but I wanted to go with some lower sugar veggies for this bowl to show you how SWEET they can be!
Pun totally intended.
Oh, guys, I also joined a yoga studio for this month!
If you’ve been following me a while then you know that I’m a total gym addict.
A class a day keeps the doctor away has always been my motto, and I shrug and tell people that it keeps me sane.
Lately, though, I’ve felt that the classes I’ve attended for years don’t serve me in the same way they used to.
I go through the motions but I’m not really there.
I decided to let them go temporarily, to explorer a slower kind of movement that I’ve had my eye on for a while.
Hey yoga, I’m talking to you.
Enjoy these Savory Yogurt Bowls with Cinnamon Roasted Veggies as an easy breakfast, snack, or even lunch.
Don’t be afraid to dunk that first veggie into the milky pool of creamy yogurt– I promise once you you start you’ll never go back!
You’re going to love the mix of creamy yogurt, crunchy sweet granola, nut butter, and cinnamon roasted veggies.
I like to roast the veggies with cinnamon in advance and add them to bowls during the week.
To keep this bowl low-sugar and refined sugar free, choose a granola that is naturally sweetened and less than 8g sugar per serving (just a ballpark number I usually use to judge!)
For other sugar-free and fruit-free topping variations, check out crushed nuts/seeds, hemp hearts, and shredded coconut.
If you try out these Savory Yogurt Bowl with Cinnamon Roasted Veggies, let me know! I’d love to hear what you think of the savory side!
Give me a shout on instagram @flora_and_vino and use hashtag #floraandvino to show me your creations.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
- avocado oil spray (optional)*
- 1 delicata squash, halved and seeds removed
- 3-4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large green zucchini, chopped into half moons
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 3-4cups unsweetened almond milk yogurt
- 3-4 TBS nut butter
- 1 cup your favorite granola (refined sugar free/low sugar, if possible!)
- Optional for serving: shredded coconut, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped veggies to the pan and shake to evenly distribute.
- Spray with a bit of avocado oil (optional) and season with cinnamon and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly while you prepare your yogurt bowls.
- To assemble the bowl, add about a cup of yogurt to a bowl and top with cinnamon roasted veggies, granola, and nut butter. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover cinnamon roasted veggies in the fridge for 3-5 days to reassemble in yogurt bowls or anywhere else you'd like!
**Cinnamon Roasted Veggies inspired by Addicted to Lovely