<post updated 01/15/18 with new photos and recipe content>
I’m not the most original when it comes to recipe names, no matter how unique the eats may be.
My original title for these was going to be “Spiced Apple Cashew Chickpea Snookies”.
Say that 10 times fast.
When I brainstorm names for a recipe, my inclination is to be informative and literal.
I want people to know exactly what they’re getting from the recipe they’re looking into.
So since these treats are made with spices, applesauce, cashew butter, and chickpeas…and then because they’re a “snack cookie”…
You get the picture.
Shortening it to Cashew Chickpea Snookies made them a lot easier to refer to in conversation.
Like, would you please pass me my fifth Snookie?
Yes, I decided to keep the Snookie.
I’m making snookies a thing.
I always like to have a fun snack prepped for the week to keep me fueled and feeling fantastic.
Bonus points if they’re refined sugar free, protein rich, and packed with energizing carbs.
And did I say delicious?
I’m saying it now.
These chickpea snookies are like biting into soft, succulent snickerdoodles.
The cashew butter gives them that distinct “cookie dough” flavor and applesauce and cinnamon makes gives them hints of fruit and spice.
I love to grab a couple of these around 11 AM when breakfast is a memory and lunch is just way too far away.
If you make these Cashew Chickpea Snack Cookies (Snookies!), let me know!
I’d love to hear what you think of them!
Give me a shout on instagram @flora_and_vino and use hashtag #floraandvino to show me your cookies! 😀
For more easy clean cookies that are totally suitable for snacking, try my Almond Butter Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies, Blood Orange Chocolate Chickpea Cookies, and 4-Ingredient Maple Sesame Tahini Cookies.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup raw cashew butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3-4 TBS pure maple syrup
- 2 TBS unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients chickpeas through apple sauce to a blender and pulse until well combined, pausing and scraping down the excess on the sides with a rubber spatula to ensure even consistency. It should resemble a sticky dough.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop dough into ~1.5 TBS balls and place on parchment paper. The batter should make about 18 cookies. Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and firm to the touch. Serve after briefly cooling! Refrigerate leftovers Cashew Chickpea Snack Cookies for up to one week and freeze for long term storage.