Vegan caramel with no added sugar and just three ingredients! Super drizzly with creamy peanut butter, and naturally sweetened with Medjool dates.
- 10–12 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup runny all-natural creamy peanut butter (or sub smooth nut butter of choice)
- ~1/2 cup hot water OR unsweetened almond/coconut milk + more as needed to thin
- 1 bag Bare Snacks Fuji & Red Apple Chips
- Add dates, peanut butter, and hot water or almond milk and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to reach desired consistency. Add more almond milk or water as needed to reach desired consistency– I used close to 1 cup total. Try adding in small increments to ensure the caramel doesn’t get too runny.
- The sauce may seem too runny at first, this is normal. For the best consistency, transfer caramel to a glass jar or airtight container and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight before serving. Caramel will thicken up while refrigerated.
- Serve with your favorite dessert, toast, apple slices, or my favorite….apple chips!
- Store leftover peanut butter date caramel in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Category: Dip, Snack
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain Free, Oil Free, Refined Sugar-Free