Almond flour cashew butter snickerdoodle cookies that are vegan, grain-free, oil-free, and rolled in plenty of cinnamon and unrefined coconut sugar.
Is it cookie season yet?!
I kind of can’t believe that my big December calendar shows only a little over two weeks to Christmas.
Don’t tell my family and friends, but I haven’t even started my Christmas shopping yet.
Aside from my mini blue spruce tree adorned with all of my childhood ornaments and the Christmas music on repeat, I feel pretty unprepared for the holiday.
This past weekend I had yoga teacher training every day with a 15K race early Sunday, so I have quite literally been on the run.
But I did make cookies.
These Almond Flour Cashew Butter Snickerdoodles are the perfect healthier holiday cookie, complete with just 7 ingredients.
Bake them in 10 minutes for a vegan, grain-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free twist on the classic cookie!
I tested these cookies last Friday before my long yoga teacher training weekend.
Surprisingly, it was one of those rare recipes that worked right away in both taste and texture.
I reluctantly wiped up spilled sugar and flour in my yoga clothes, wishing I had time for a quick photoshoot.
It was all I could do to keep the test cookies to myself all weekend without immediately sharing the tasty success with you!
These Almond Flour Cashew Butter Snickerdoodles are soft, chewy, cinnamon-y, and sweet.
Are you a snickerdoodle person?
I was sort of indifferent to snickerdoodles growing up, to be honest.
To me, they were just a sugar cookies trying too hard to be fancy.
And I thought sugar cookies were kind of boring to begin with, anyway.
But I grew to love their delightful cinnamon sugar finish and fluffy white insides.
You’re going to love this version made delicious with almond flour and cashew butter!
Here’s what you need to make these Snickerdoodles:
- ground flaxseed
- Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- cashew butter
- pure maple syrup
- unrefined coconut sugar
I used Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour to create this almond flour-based dough.
The flour is one of my favorites for vegan, grain, and oil-free baking.
As the name suggests, it’s super-fine and fluffy, with a pleasing golden color that makes baked goods both look and taste delicious.
The flour is dense and soft, creating sumptuously moist baked goods.
It works wonderfully well to create the good-for-you ‘doodles.
Mix in cashew butter for a rich cookie-dough flavor, adding in healthy fats and eliminating the need for any oil.
I used raw unsalted cashew butter in this recipe, but roasted and salted cashew butter will work here, too!
The cookie dough itself is naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup but the outside requires a cinnamon and coconut sugar dusting.
Want some tips on how to make the easiest Snickerdoodle?
Scoop the batter with a cookie scoop and roll into 1.5″ balls.
Dip the balls into your cinnamon-sugar mixture and then flatten the balls into your desired cookie shape.
The cookies don’t rise and spread at all, so you don’t need to worry about that when flattening.
I like to use my hand or the bottom of a glass to press the balls into uniform circles before baking.
Bake the cookies for 10-ish minutes, until golden brown underneath and around the edges.
The cookies might appear underdone when first removed from the oven; they will continue to harden as they cool.
Enjoy these Almond Flour Cashew Butter Snickerdoodles literally anytime!
They’re perfect to devour with a tall glass of almond milk.
Leave a plate of them out for Santa and watch them magically disappear before morning.
They’d also be great for an office party, book club night, dinner party, or anytime you’re entertaining.
Their short ingredient list makes them a great allegen-free alternative for everyone on your Christmas list!
I like to store my leftovers cookies in the refrigerator to increase their shelf life, or you can also freeze for long term storage.
If you make these Almond Flour Cashew Butter Snickerdoodles, let me know!
Be sure to leave me a comment, rating, and review so I can use your feedback to create more yums.
Check out my Pinterest page to pin more recipe like this one to make later!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Almond flour cashew butter snickerdoodle cookies that are vegan, grain-free, oil-free, and infused with plenty of cinnamon and unrefined coconut sugar.
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP ground flaxseed + 3 TBSP filtered water)
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut sugar + 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flax egg and allow it to sit for ~5 minutes.
- Add in the cashew butter and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Sift in the almond flour, baking powder, and ground cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough and roll into balls with your hands. Toss balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat completely. Place on the prepared cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Press down lightly with your hands or the bottom of a glass to gently flatten.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, until just golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week and freeze for longterm storage.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
This post is brought to you by Bob’s Red Mill, but all words and eats are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep me hungry!