Apple pecan pie oatmeal bowls served with a sautéed apple pecan compote. Naturally sweetened with raisins, banana, and a touch of maple syrup.
APPLE PECAN COMPOTE:
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tart green apple, cored and diced
- 2 TBSP pecans
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1–2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
APPLE PIE OATS
- ½ cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk + more as needed to reach desired consistency
- 2 tsp white chia seeds
- 1/2 large banana or 1 small banana mashed
- 1–2 TBSP raisins
- hemp hearts, for serving
- First, prepare your apple pecan compote. Heat a pan over medium heat with coconut oil. When the coconut oil is melted, add the diced apple to the pan and drizzle with lemon juice, maple syrup, and cinnamon and mix to combine and coat. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until the apples are soft, fragrant, and tender. In the last 5 minutes, add in the pecans and stir until they’re coated and slightly toasted. Set aside.
- Warm a separate saucepan over medium heat and add the almond milk, oats, smashed banana, raisins, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
- Cook for ~10 minutes, stirring frequently, until milk is absorbed and the oats are light and fluffy. Add more almond milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
- To serve, add oatmeal to a bowl and top with the apple pecan compote. Serve with a sprinkle of hemp hearts and additional maple syrup for sweetness.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Oil-Free, Vegan