Is it smoothie bowl season yet?
Or, perhaps more appropriately, is it socially acceptable smoothie bowl season yet?
Because I’ve been rocking the bowls privately (or maybe not quite so privately) all winter long, and I’m ready for the big debut.
How do you feel about something bright, bold, and BEET?
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with this Blackberry Beet & Walnut Smoothie Bowl (Banana-Free) that’s low sugar, high vibe, and perfectly packed with veg and protein.
This gorgeous fuchsia bowl has everything you need to invite warmer weather and refreshing breakfasts back in season.
Currently working hard at making beets for breakfast a thing.
The blackberry, beet, and walnut combination was something I first threw together in my Vitamix over a year ago, back when throwing frozen veg into the blender felt like the wild wild west to me.
I’ve been perfecting it ever since.
Juicy sweet blackberries, earthy mellow beets, and creamy walnuts are so good smashed together and then enjoyed by the spoonful!
Another berry will work if you need to substitute, but something about blackberries makes this combination sing like an angelic choir.
Trust me on this.
If you’re nervous about throwing raw walnuts into the blender, don’t be.
I shied away from it for a while too, thinking it might lead to a chunky off-putting texture.
The result is quite the opposite, friends!
Raw walnuts blend into a smooth creamy texture, similar to the way a nut butter would.
You can substitute 1 TBS of walnut butter here, too, if you prefer, but I found that a handful of sprouted walnuts works just as well!
I love adding steamed and frozen beets to my morning bowls and shakes.
You might have already tried this if you’ve made my PB & J (&B) Shakes (another excellent choice!).
If you haven’t, I’m going to need you to Stop. Drop. And Beet it.
For convenience, I love to use these Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets here because they’re already cooked and ready for anything!
I have a growing stash of them in the freezer so I can guarantee I always have one ready to throw into the blender.
Enjoy this Blackberry Beet & Walnut Smoothie Bowl anytime, anywhere.
This versatile mix is perfect for a fun breakfast, snack, or anytime meal.
If you’re in more of a shake mood but still want the same blackberry-beet-walnut flavors, add more almond milk to thin out the consistency until it’s totally slurpable.
I like to top my bowls with more blackberries (frozen or fresh), shredded coconut, and my Chunky Tahini Granola.
If you make this Blackberry Beet & Walnut Smoothie Bowl (Banana-Free), let me know!
Give me a shout on instagram @flora_and_vino and use hashtag #floraandvino and tell me what you think!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Beet it with this banana-free smoothie bowl that’s packed with blackberries, beet, and walnut. Naturally sweetened but low in sugar, this bowl is perfect to fuel your day with a serving of veg and protein to boot. Perfect for a nourishing breakfast, snack, or anytime meal.
- 8–12 oz. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small peeled, steamed, and frozen red beet (I use this kind for convenience!)
- 2/3 cup frozen blackberries
- handful of frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1–2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 2 TBS raw sprouted walnuts (or sub 1 TBS walnut butter)
- 1 TBS cacao powder (optional for chocolate twist)
- optional for topping: more blackberries, chocolate covered chia seeds, shredded coconut, Chunky Tahini Granola
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. For thicker smoothie bowls, start with a little less almond milk and add in small amounts until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with blackberries, chia seeds, shredded coconut, and granola.
*prep time does not include time to steam and freeze beets!
- Category: Smoothie Bowl, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use these links. I only recommend brands I love, trust, and can’t keep quiet about!