6-ingredient breakfast bars with hearty oats, plant-based protein and blueberries! Gluten-free, oil-free, and naturally sweetened with dates and maple syrup.
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (or sub almond flour or oat flour for varying results)
- 1 heaping cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen, divided
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven 350°F and line an 9X6 baking dish or dish of similar size with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In food processor or high speed blender, combine half of the oats, almonds, and protein powder and pulse until well combined.
- Add half the blueberries, dates, and maple syrup process for another 30 seconds.
- Add remaining blueberries and oats and blend again until just combined. If the mixture is too dry, add another date or two, a handful of fresh blueberries, or 1 TBSP maple syrup to get the mixture to stick. It should be thick but not dry and crumbly.
- When you’ve reached your desired consistency, press mixture into the parchment baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and firm to the touch.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in the fridge for 5-7 days and freeze for long term storage.
*If your dates are dried out, try soaking them in hot water for ~10 minutes, then drain and add to recipe.
**Adapted from Tone It Up
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free