Well hello there!
How was your weekend?
This past week/weekend I went to Natural Products Expo East and visited with all of my favorite brands and scoped out the newest products in natural foods.
It was a lot of walking, a lot of talking, and a lot of sampling!
Somehow I had the bright idea to hit the grocery store on the way home from the trade-show, to, you know, kill two birds (two tofus?) with one stone, so to speak.
After being surrounded by food and chatter about food all day PLUS lugging of all of the loot from the show AND all of my groceries up three flights of stairs (we’re on the top unit of a stacked condominium!)– I decided I didn’t want to see or hear about food again. Like ever.
But then of course that changed because…a girl’s got to eat.
I eased back into the kitchen today with this fail-proof 1-Pan Meal that’s perfect for meal prep!
If you’re feeling a bit tired, frazzled, and food-overwhelmed like me, this “Cheezy” Chickpea Sheet Pan Meal is exactly what you need.
Come on, let’s do it!
This easy weeknight dinner has all of the chickpea protein, veggies, and “cheezy” nutritional yeast seasoning your heart could desire.
While this recipe is new to the blog, it’s been appearing in my kitchen for a few years now.
The mix is a basic blueprint that I keep coming back to because it’s simple, filling, and feel good.
Killer seasoning, check.
Drool-worthy dressing, check check check.
For veggies I used a blend of cauliflower florets, broccoli florets, and diced carrot, but feel free to substitute your favorites!
Why cheezy with a “Z”, you might ask?
Because, of course, there is no real cheese in this dish.
Never had nutritional yeast?
Its “cheese-esque” flavor makes it a great plant-based addition to recipes and foods while being gluten-free. sugar free, and rich in B Vitamins!
It works perfectly on this 1-pan meal to add the cozy comforting flavor of cheese without any dairy.
And let’s not forget about the pourable “Cheezy” Tahini that must be drizzled on top before serving (it’s a requirement!).
This tahini dressing is the perfect partner for this colorful pan– oil-free and packed with sesame seed protein.
If you have extra dressing, try pairing it with your veggies, salad, or a hearty tofu scramble!
If you’re not into tahini or don’t have time to make a dressing, try serving this meal with avocado or hummus instead.
I think it would be wonderful over greens!
Enjoy this “Cheezy” Chickpea Sheet Pan Meal whenever you need a quick one-pan meal that isn’t boring!
It’s perfect for meal prep and reheats well in an oven, skillet, or microwave.
Use this recipe as the base and layer on more optional spices for different variations.
Some of my favorites are smoked paprika, cumin, and cayenne.
If you’re looking for a heartier meal, try serving it over your favorite grains– I like quinoa!
For an oil-free option, simply omit the oil and proceed with the recipe as written.
Don’t forget to sprinkle a little more vegan parm and nutritional yeast before serving for extra “cheeziness”!’
If you make this “Cheezy” Chickpea Sheet Pan Meal, let me know!
Be sure to leave a comment and rating below so I can use your feedback to make more yums.
Give me a shout on instagram @flora_and_vino and use hashtag #floraandvino to show me!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Easy 1-pan meal with chickpeas, veggies, and nutritional yeast seasoning. Vegan, gluten free, grain free, and perfect for meal prep!
- “CHEEZY” CHICKPEA SHEET PAN MEAL
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped (~5–6 cups)
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped (~5–6 cuos)
- 2–3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- avocado oil spray, optional
- 1–2 TBS vegan parm or nutritional yeast
- optional spices: pinch of smoke paprika, cayenne, and cumin
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- “CHEEZY TAHINI”
- 1/4 cup runny tahini
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup filtered water, to thin
- optional for serving: quinoa, brown rice, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line one or two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the chopped broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots onto the bakings sheet(s). Add the canned chickpeas and spread so everything is in an even layer– using the second baking sheet as needed for even baking. Spray with a bit of optional avocado oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle generously with vegan parm/nutritional yeast. Place in the oven.
- Roast the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and chickpeas for 25 to 30 minutes, until the veggies are golden brown and the chickpeas are crispy. Stir once halfway through baking.
- Add all of the “cheezy tahini” dressing ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- If preparing quinoa or grains for serving, makes these while the veggies are roasting.
- To assemble, plate the cooked grains (if using), and top with the roasted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and chickpeas. Drizzle with generous amounts of “cheezy” tahini dressing and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers veggies in the fridge for 3-5 days and leftovers dressing for up to one week.
- Category: Entree, Meal Prep, One Pan Meal
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Grain Free
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use these links. I only recommend brands I love, trust, and can’t keep quiet about!