Easy chocolate protein pancake pizza topped with greek yogurt, tart cherries, and fresh berries. Grain-free, refined-sugar-free, and packed with protein.
Riddle me this.
What’s red, white, and blue all over?
OH, and CHOCOLATE.
This Chocolate Greek Yogurt Protein Pancake Pizza, of course.
If your kitchen doesn’t look like an American flag unwoven yet, allow me to introduce you to this breakfast that should do the trick.
It comes together with simple ingredients for a protein-packed breakfast that’s almost as fun to decorate as it is to eat.
I make picking up my pancakes a bit of a habit here at Flora & Vino.
Ever since my original PB&J Protein Pancake Pizza, I’ve been hooked on plating my cakes, layering them in fun toppings, and eating happily hand.
Chocolate, cherries, and berries for breakfast?!
Yes, you heard me.
This pancake pizza is chocolate-y, with a creamy yogurt “sauce”, and plenty of bursting cherry berry toppings.
I don’t usually use maple syrup on my pancakes these days, so I started to look for different ways to “dress” my cakes that was lower in sugar and high in flavor.
In my original version, I use a simple nut butter and a berry compote (so good).
My new favorite for summer is a simple spread of almond milk Greek yogurt to bring a boost of probiotics, protein, and healthy fats to the table.
If you can’t find almond milk Greek-style yogurt, any dairy-free yogurt will work instead!
As with all recipes, you’ve got options here.
I think the pancake pizza is plenty sweet enough without any maple syrup, but if you prefer a little extra sweetness, go head, drizzle some on!
If you’d rather not make a pizza pie, make several smaller pancakes instead and enjoy the recipe in stack form.
For toppings, I went with fresh blueberries and strawberries, white chia seeds, and tart dried cherries.
If you’re not into fruit, try adding a granola topping, chopped nuts, or cacao nibs instead.
Speaking of fruit…Fruit Bliss organic dried fruit has been giving me life lately!
I love using their water-packed cherries in this recipe for a burst of bright cherry flavor.
All of their products are only two ingredients– fruit and water, keeping them super juicy and hydrated.
They have an amazing fresh flavor without any added sugars or oils, which is hard to come by in the dried fruit world.
Because these cherries have no added sugar, they’re wonderfully tart and tangy, and pair perfectly with sweet chocolate and berries!
Enjoy this Chocolate Greek Yogurt Protein Pancake Pizza for a fun breakfast, brunch, or snack.
I love eating mine as morning fuel after or before a workout!
It would be perfect to make for the kids on Saturday morning or for your boo on a special day.
Or for yourself on any given day of the week because you’re awesome and you deserve to eat leisurely eat pancake pizza for breakfast.
If you make a Chocolate Greek Yogurt Protein Pancake Pizza, let me know!
Be sure to leave me a comment, rating, and review so I can use your feedback to create more yums.
Check out my Pinterest page to pin more recipes like this one to make later.
For more protein pancake pizza inspiration, check out my Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Pancake Pizza.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Easy chocolate protein pancake pizza topped with greek yogurt, tart cherries, and fresh berries. Grain-free, refined sugar-free, and packed with protein.
- avocado oil spray
- 1 TBSP flaxseed + 3 TBSP water
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop (~1/4 cup) vanilla protein powder
- 1 TBSP raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh berries, sliced
- 1–2 TBSP Fruit Bliss Tart Cherries
- sprinkle of white chia seeds
- Warm a skillet over medium heat with a little bit of avocado oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 TBSP flaxseed + 3 TBSP water and let sit for a few minutes to create your “flax egg”.
- Next, add pumpkin puree, almond milk, protein powder, and cacao powder and blend with a fork until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the skillet and spread with a spatula so it forms a large thin circle.
- Heat for 5 minutes, or until golden brown underneath, then flip and heat for 3-5 on the other side.
- To assemble, transfer the pancake pizza to a large plate or cutting board and top with greek yogurt, sliced berries, tart cherries, and a sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Slice the pancake pizza into pieces and serve immediately.
Adapted from my Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Pancake Pizza
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Fruit Bliss, but all words and eats are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep me hungry!