1-pot chickpea noodle soup in 30 minutes! A healthy take on the classic packed with veggies to keep you well. A comforting soup for all year round.
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 4 +1/4 cup veggie both (or more for less thick soup)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped diagonally
- ~2 cups shredded brussel sprouts
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1 sprig of thyme, leaves removed
- 4 oz legume pasta (I like this kind, or sub your favorite gluten-free pasta instead
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 1/4 cup veggie broth and saute the onion and garlic powder until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the carrots, celery, shredded brussel sprouts, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine and cook for another 5 minutes, adding extra veggie broth if the pan goes dry.
- Add in the veggie broth, chickpeas, thyme, and bay leaf and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Add in the chickpea pasta and stir to combine.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until the pasta is softened and the desired tenderness.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Soup, Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free