Creamy butternut squash based protein shake sweetened with dates and topped with cookie crumble. Perfect for a fall or winter inspired breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned puréed squash
- 1–2 large Medjool dates, pitted
- heaping 1/2 cup steamed and frozen cauliflower (add more for thicker shakes!)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional but recommended)
- handful of Sejoyia Caramel Coco-Roons
- white chia seeds, for topping
- Prepare your roasted squash in advance, if using. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse the butternut squash and pat dry. Carefully slice the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and place squash halves on the baking sheet, cut side down. and roast for 30-45 minutes, until fork tender and golden brown underneath. Watch the squash halves closely in the last 15 minutes to ensure they don’t burn. Flip over and allow to cool before adding to the recipe.
- To make the cinnamon butternut protein shake, add all ingredients except the Coco-Roons into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine.
- Serve immediately topped with Coco-Roon crumble and a dash of white chia seeds.
- Category: Protein Shake, Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free, Banana-Free