Banana-free carrot cake shakes sweetened with a mix of frozen pineapple and dates. Cinnamon roasted carrots adds warmth and coziness to this cold treat!
Happy Sunday, friends!
How was your weekend?
Mine was pretty quiet in the best possible way.
We took the time to tackle a little spring-cleaning and rearrange areas of the condo that weren’t really working.
Sometimes it feels like the kindest thing I can do for myself is to tackle headfirst those big tasks that have been lazing around my TO-DO list for months, you know?
Another kind thing we can do for ourselves to prep for the week is to go bake a giant tray of cinnamon roasted carrots.
Cinnamon roasted carrots?
Yes, to throw in Carrot Cake Shakes!
These Cinnamon Roasted Carrot Cake Shakes are a fun banana-free mix that make it possible for you to have your cake and drink it too.
Is anyone else a little confused currently about what to wear, what to eat, and what season it is?
Last week the weather here in Virginia jumped from chilly to sweaty and back to chilly again.
I can’t keep up.
I’ve deemed these Cinnamon Roasted Carrot Cake Shakes the best of all the worlds.
Cozy roasted carrots mixed with bright pineapple, candy-like Medjool dates, warming cinnamon, and a dollop of creamy yogurt.
They somehow manage to be both cozy and refreshing simultaneously.
Bet you haven’t seen (tasted) that in a shake before.
These shakes started with simple cinnamon roasted carrots.
Have you tried them yet?
I first tried roasting veg with cinnamon in my Savory Yogurt Bowls with Cinnamon Roasted Veggies post and I’ve been doing it ever since!
Roasting carrots in particular is pretty sweet.
Baking them draws out the natural sweets of this root veggie, making them supple, sweet, and candy-like.
Freezing them to add to shakes turns the mixture a wonderful burnt orange color while adding a full serving of veg to your morning.
These Cinnamon Roasted Carrot Cake Shakes make a perfect quick and easy breakfast or snack.
If you don’t have frozen carrots and you’d like to make this shake, no worries!
Trying substituting raw carrots instead and add a little extra frozen pineapple or less almond milk to achieve your desired consistency.
This combination is lightly sweetened with fresh pineapple and ooey gooey medjool dates– if you’re looking for a lower sugar option use less dates or. omit entirely.
I love to eat mine with a spoon with lots of crunchy grain-free granola.
If you try this Cinnamon Roasted Carrot Cake Shake, let me know! I’d love to see how yours turned out!
Give me a shout on instagram @flora_and_vino and use hashtag #floraandvino to show me your shakes!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Banana-free carrot cake shakes sweetened with a mix of frozen pineapple and dates. Cinnamon roasted carrots adds warmth and coziness to this cold treat! Perfect for an easy breakfast, snack, or post-workout drink.
- CINNAMON ROASTED CARROTS
- a bunch of large carrots, scrubbed, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- CINNAMON ROASTED CARROT CAKE SHAKE
- 12 oz. unsweetened almond milk
- 1–2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup steamed and frozen cinnamon roasted carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1–2 dates, pitted
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 TBSP almond milk yogurt
- optional for topping: more almond milk yogurt, your favorite granola
- First, bake your cinnamon roasted carrots in advance. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub, peel, and chop several large carrots and arrange on the baking sheet. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and bake for 30-45 minutes, until blacked on one side and fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to the freezer. Freeze overnight.
- In the morning, or after allowing carrots to fully freeze, add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more almond milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Serve immediately topped with more yogurt and granola. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Protein Shake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use these links. I only recommend brands I love, trust, and can’t keep quiet about!