Skip the store bought coconut rolled dates and make your own in under 10 minutes. A quick and clean dessert or snack made with only 4 ingredients.
Recently, I keep seeing the cutest containers of coconut rolled dates at my local Mom’s Organic Market.
Multiple times now the container has almost made it into my cart, until I quickly chastise myself because…I could make that.
So finally I did.
These Coconut Almond Rolled Dates are the simplest treat that require only a handful of ingredients you’ve already got in your cabinet.
The week between Christmas and New Years always seems a bit ghost-like, doesn’t it?
We’re daydreaming through a workweek stranded between two major holidays.
The anticipation of the new year is tangible, but 2017 hangs on hard for seven long days.
I simultaneously want to do everything and nothing at the same time, you know?
I haven’t done either very well, though, because Dan caught a nasty cold over the weekend and I caught his.
Maybe I had a few too many cookies.
You bet I’m drinking my kombucha, eating my leafy greens, and manifesting my speedy recovery hard to start off 2018 with wellness.
If you had a few too many cookies, too, or are totally dessert-ed out after a sweet Christmas, these Coconut Almond Rolled Dates are for you.
I know it’s a bit cliche, but like most of the population, I’m focusing on my sugar intake in January.
I always strive to be refined sugar free and low sugar where possible to keep my blood sugar levels regular.
These treats are sweet only from the dates themselves, without any added sugars!
One bite of these are you will have no doubt that dates are indeed nature’s candy.
What You Need to Make Coconut Almond Rolled Dates
Here’s what you need:
- Medjool dates
- almond butter
- raw almonds
- unsweetened shredded coconut
How to Make Coconut Almond Rolled Dates
These rolled dates are super simple to make at home.
Add the dates, almonds, and almond butter to a high speed blender and pulse until a thick paste forms, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine.
Form the mixture into 1-1¼ inch balls and place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
Press a single almond into the center of the ball, if you want to!
Pour the coconut onto the pan and roll the date balls in the coconut with the palms of your hand, flattening them to achieve an oblong shape.
That’s pretty much it!
How to Serve Coconut Almond Rolled Dates
Enjoy these Coconut Almond Rolled Dates as a deliciously simple snack, dessert, or anytime treat.
I think the shredded coconut makes them look festive and snowy, making them the perfect healthy addition to your New Years Eve spread.
For a more formal presentation, try rolling the mixture into one giant “roll” and slicing into round that way to serve.
I’m fond of these cuties as single serve “rolls”, though.
Try them with an additional almond centerpiece to add some crunch!
More Easy Snacks
I Want to Hear From You
If you make these Coconut Almond Rolled Dates, let me know!
Be sure to leave me a comment, rating, and review so I can use your feedback to create more yums.
Check out my Pinterest page to pin more recipes like this one to make later.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Skip the store bought coconut rolled dates and make your own in under 10 minutes with dates, almond butter, almonds, and shredded coconut!
- 1½ cups fresh dates, pitted and packed
- 3–4 TBSP creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- optional: additional raw almonds to stuff in center
- Add the dates, almonds, and almond butter to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until a thick paste forms, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine.
- Form the mixture into 1-1¼ inch balls and place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Press a single almond into the center of the ball, if desired.
- Pour the coconut onto the pan and roll the date balls in the coconut with the palms of your hand, flattening them to achieve an oblong shape.
- Serve them immediately! Store leftover Coconut Almond Rolled Dates in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake, Raw Vegan
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free