Easy stovetop creamy cauliflower oats recipe packed with veggie goodness that you won’t even taste. The perfect weekday breakfast that you can dress up or down in 10 minutes!
Even though it’s New Years, we still have our tree up.
I know some people like to take it down right away to signal the end to the holiday season and the beginning of a new year, but I like to leave it up as long as possible to hold onto the holiday cheer and the smell of pine.
But that’s OK because Dan’s grandma told me that it’s customary to leave your tree up until at LEAST mid-January.
And who am I not to listen to my elders?
As well as being a total rebel in the tree department, I’m also rocking the oatmeal world with these Creamy Stovetop Cauliflower Oats.
Good ole oats have always been a staple breakfast for me; the life-saving breakfast for workday mornings after I emerge from the gym hungry and in a hurry.
Then when I realized that you could throw in a good 1/2 cup of veggies in without even tasting it, I knew I had to tell everyone about it.
You may have dabbled in zucchini oats, fondly called “Zoats”, but “Coats” are the new “Zoats”, my friends.
They’re creamy, nourishing, naturally sweetened, and so easy to make.
Cauliflower is quickly climbing to the top of my go to veg-list because its subtle flavor works in almost any dish.
The steamed cauliflower rice works perfectly in the oatmeal to add fluffy texture without any distinct “veggie” taste, and the added fiber boost and Vitamin C will give you all the energy you need until lunchtime.
If you try these, let me know!
Take a picture and tag it #floraandvino on Instagram and come say hi @flora _and_vino.
Let’s start the new year with a serving of veggies before noon, shall we?
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Easy stovetop oats recipe packed with veggie goodness that you won’t even taste. The perfect weekday breakfast that you can dress up or down in 10 minutes!
- Prepare your cauliflower “rice” in advance and sore in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add the almond milk, oats, chia seeds, steamed riced cauliflower, and optional sweetener of choice (banana, maple syrup) to a large saucepan over medium heat. Heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring often, until the oats have absorbed all of the liquid. Add more coconut or almond milk as needed to thin the oats if they get gummy.
- Serve creamy cauliflower oats in a bowl and top with desired toppings. I went with almond butter, blueberries, caramelized banana*, and chia seeds.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
*To make caramelized banana rounds, sliced a banana into “coins” and heat with a drizzle of maple syrup for 8-10 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use these links. I only recommend brands I love, trust, and can’t keep quiet about!