Light summer salad with quinoa, fresh and steamed vegetables, and an oil-free turmeric cider tahini. Perfect for meal prep!
CRUNCHY SUMMER SALAD
- 4–6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or sub another lean protein)
- 1/2 cup Cece’s Veggie Noodle Co. Zucchini Spirals
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow corn
- 1/2 large or 1 whole small ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
- handful of fresh basil
TURMERIC CIDER TAHINI
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water + more water as needed to thin
- 2 TBSP runny tahini
- 1/2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Cook your quinoa according to package instructions if you haven’t already done so. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a high-speed blender and pulsing until well combined and creamy, adding more water as needed to reach desired consistency. Alternatively, you can whisk up by hand. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Wash and chop your produce.
- Steam the corn and asparagus on the stovetop for 2-3 minutes, until tender and vibrant in color. Drain and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, divide baby spinach and quinoa between bowls and top with Zucchini Spirals, bell pepper, asparagus, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and avocado chunks. Garnish with fresh basil and turmeric cider tahini. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Recipe adapted from The Glowing Fridge
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free