Plant-based green curry with fresh spring vegetables served over cauliflower rice. Perfect for weeknight dinner and it stores well as leftovers for lunch!
It’s definitely up there on my list of things that make me happy in the colder weather, along with unexpected snow days, steaming mugs of hot cocoa or tea, and roomy fuzzy sweaters (not itchy, though!).
All of your favorite veggies bobbing up and down in that fragrant creamy coconut based broth…
This time of year, everyone has green on the brain.
Green for spring, the unspoken word on everyone’s parched lips.
The majority of the cold is over but spring feels like it’ll never get here.
I was hoping to score a few cozy snow days in before my birthday (April 2nd), but it looks like that might not happen.
If you’re like me, you’re pretty much over the cold weather after the charm of Christmas is in the rear view mirror.
If it’s going to be cold, the weather could at least be pretty about it and give us some fluffy white stuff.
I’m getting through the seasonal dissonance by experimenting with new curry combinations in the kitchen.
This Green Coconut Curry with Cauliflower Rice is so hot, it’ll definitely give Mother Nature the hint hint hint.
I grew up eating healthy and my mom always made sure we had a well balanced plate in front of us.
But it was usually staple American meals and to be honest I don’t think I had curry until I was in college!
I don’t think I realized I truly loved it until maybe the past year and now I can’t get enough of it!
The choice to go plant-based definitely inspired my exploration into new flavors and cuisines that I had never tried before.
Thank goodness I found you, curry.
Making my own curry for the first time I was so nervous even though I was following a recipe almost entirely.
Every spice I spooned into the pot made me a little more certain it was going to be bad.
I have since determined that it’s got to effort to make a bad curry, because it hasn’t happened to me yet.
If you haven’t tried making your curry yet, or if you’re a curry veteran, this Green Coconut Curry & Cauliflower Rice recipe is for you!
It’s got enough flavor and intrigue to fascinate the regulars while being easy and mild enough for curry newbies.
You just need your favorite green veggies, green curry paste, coconut milk, and your favorite Thai toppings and seasonings.
I was craving all the green veggies when I created this recipe, but if you don’t like the veggies I used, feel free to mix it up!
Bell pepper, mushrooms, or cauliflower are also excellent additions.
For more more protein, try adding in some steamed edamame, baked tofu cubes, or chickpeas.
I love the veg on veg, but you can also serve the curry over rice or quinoa instead of the cauliflower rice.
All my busy readers and meal preppers– this is curry you absolutely can make in a hurry!
The recipe comes together in 30 minutes for an easy weeknight meal.
It also keeps well in the fridge and is easy to reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop throughout the week.
If the curry gets too thick throughout the week, add a little water or coconut milk to thin out and reheat.
I find this makes 3-4 servings, but you might find your polishing it off in two because, trust me, it’s hard to resist a second bowl.
If you make this Green Coconut Curry with Cauliflower Rice, let me know!
Be sure to leave a comment and review so I can use your feedback to create more yums.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Plant-based green curry with fresh spring vegetables served over cauliflower rice. Perfect for weeknight dinner and stores well as leftovers for lunch!
- 1 small head of cauliflower, pulsed in a blender into “rice”
- drizzle of avocado oil (or sub vegetable broth if OF)
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- handful sugar snap peas, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 10 spears of asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 1 1/2 TBSP green curry paste
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk lite
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1/2 TBS unrefined coconut sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp tamari lite (or sub low sodium soy sauce)
- FOR SERVING: sliced radish, fresh cilantro, sesame seeds, lime juice, red pepper flakes
- To make the cauliflower rice, heat a pan over medium and add a drizzle of avocado oil (or sub veggie broth if OF). Add the cauliflower rice to the pan along with a shake of garlic powder and Himalayan sea salt and heat for 3-5 mins, stirring frequently, then reduce heat, cover, and cook for 5-7 more mins, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is soft and slightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Warm a large pot over medium heat with a drizzle of avocado oil (or veggie broth if OF). Add the onion and garlic with a sprinkle of salt for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Next add the green curry paste, ginger, and tamari lite and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas, asparagus, broccoli, and carrots and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan, along with the water and optional coconut sugar, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat.
- Add cherry tomatoes and reduce heat to medium low and simmer 8-10 minutes, until the veggies are tender and cooked through.
- To serve, divide cauliflower rice between bowls and top with green curry. Garnish with fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, sliced radish, red pepper flakes, and fresh squeezed lime.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Soup, Stew
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Oil-Free Option