Grilled lime cilantro tempeh, mango salsa, and spicy almond butter sauce piled on fresh collard greens. Enjoy as an easy summer lunch, dinner, or appetizer.
- 1 bunch of collard greens
- LIME CILANTRO TEMPEH MARINADE
- 1 8 oz block of tempeh, cut into 12 triangles
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 TBSP white rice vinegar
- 1 TBSP fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- MANGO SALSA
- 1 ripe mango, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, squeezed
- SPICY ALMOND BUTTER SAUCE
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup Georgia Grinders Salt-Free Almond Butter
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Rinse and pat dry the block of tempeh and slice into 6 triangles, then slice each triangle in half width-wise.
- Whisk the lime juice and white rice vinegar in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Add the tempeh triangles, covering with the marinade, and top with 1 TBS fresh chopped cilantro.
- Allow to marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight, flipping once halfway.
- While the tempeh is marinading, chop all ingredients to make the mango salsa and mix together.
- Store in the fridge to allow the flavors to meld until ready to serve.
- Blend your Spicy Almond Butter Sauce by adding all ingredients to a high speed blender and pulsing until smooth and creamy. Add more almond milk to thin your sauce or almond butter to thicken.
- Rinse your collard greens and pat them dry. Trim the woody stem flush with the leaf and shave the protruding core.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high. Add the marinaded tempeh to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until each side has nice grill marks. Brush frequently with any remaining marinade to keep the tempeh from drying out from the heat. If you don’t have a grill pan, you can sauté in a regular pan instead.
- To serve, divide grilled tempeh among collard leaves and top with mango salsa and spicy almond butter sauce.
- Add optional toppings such as hot sauce, avocado, or red cabbage.
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Collard Wrap, Lunch
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free