My favorite vegan and gluten-free store-bought product alternatives to commonly used meat, dairy, and wheat ingredients. Add them to your shopping list!
I was on a phone call last week with a food brand client, when I had an epiphany.
I definitely can’t always say that about work calls, can you?
Anyway, before talking blog and business, we had a great chat about being plant-based.
She mentioned that she was consciously eating more plants, and I applauded her for trying out a plant-based meal every day.
We went on to talk about the incredible variety of vegan product alternatives that exist today.
“You know,” she mused out loud, “I wish there was a list that you could give me of which products are worth trying and which aren’t.”
“That’s an excellent idea,” I said.
So, guys, I went off and made that list, and I’m sharing it with you today.
In this post, I’m sharing My Favorite Vegan & Gluten-Free Product Alternatives to commonly used meat, dairy, and wheat ingredients.
I use these high-quality products with ingredient integrity on a daily basis, both in my everyday eats and recipe testing.
They’re great to have on hand in order to make vegan and gluten-free eating accessible and easy.
Check them out and add your favorites to your next grocery list!
- Kite Hill Cream Cheese: The best vegan cream cheese I’ve tried so far, made from almonds. It tastes just like the real thing!
- Violife Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and Violife Shredded Cheddar Cheese: These vegan shredded cheeses are great to use on homemade pizza and *really* melt!
- Violife Sliced Cheddar Cheese: These are great to melt on plant-based burgers, or to make grilled cheeses!
- Treeline Nut Cheese: Cashews make these decadent spreads super creamy! Serve as an appetizer with crackers, or add/bake them into dishes that call for feta or ricotta cheese.
- Lovve Lavva Original Yogurt: I love that this yogurt has no added sugar, but is lightly sweetened with bananas and coconut! Also, it’s made from pili nuts.
- Kite Hill Unsweetened Almond Milk Yogurt: Yogurt made from almonds! I love baking with this yogurt, making dressings, or serving in a breakfast bowl.
- Forager Cashew Yogurt: Creamy yogurt made from cashews. Same uses as above!
- Unsweetened Almond Malk: My favorite almond milk, that’s both dairy-free and vegan. It’s made with just 6 ingredients, without carrageenan and binders.
- Unsweetened Almond Malk Creamer: I love adding a splash to my coffee in the mornings!
- Edward & Sons Canned Coconut Milk: I always have cans of this coconut milk on hand for curries, desserts, or chia pudding.
- Earth Balance Organic Butter Spread and Earth Balance Organic Butter Sticks: I use this butter primarily for baking, especially when I’m mimicking a recipe that calls for regular butter.
- Primal Kitchen Vegan Mayo: Perfect for making chickpea salad sandwiches, or spreading on any lunch situation!
- Kite Hill Greek Style Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk Yogurt: Yes, I realize that this product isn’t actually a sour cream, but I use it like one! Try adding a dollop to tacos or chili and tell me what you think!
- Hilary’s Eat Well Veggie Burgers and Hilary’s Eat Well Sausage Patties: These delish patties are made from minimally processed ingredients. They are organic, vegan and free from common allergens. I always have some in the freezer!
- Foodie’s Original Artichoke Burger: These burgers are homemade in small batches with simple ingredients. The artichoke is the best!
- Beyond Meat: The best meat crumbles I’ve tried so far, when you need a quick alternative to ground beef. They’re great anywhere you need ground protein!
- Lightlife Tempeh: This is my favorite brand of tempeh– I think the original flavor is the best!
- Nasoya Tofu: I always have a block of Extra-Firm tofu in the refrigerator for tofu scrambles, tofu steaks, and baked tofu cubes. I love that this one is organic!
Gluten-Free Breads, Pasta, Crackers, & More
- Banza Chickpea Pizza Crust: Keep these vegan and gluten-free chickpea-based pizza crusts in the freezer for quick homemade pizza nights!
- Siete Almond Flour Tortillas: I love to heat these up on the stovetop for ~15-30 minutes on each side before serving as tacos!
- Siete Burrito Size Cassava Tortillas: These large burrito wraps are made from cassava flour! Heat them and roll them up.
- Food for Life Sprouted Corn Tortillas: I like to toast these corn tortillas to make tostadas or hard-shell tacos. The only ingredient is corn!
- Chickapea Chickpea Pasta: This 1-ingredient pasta is made from chickpeas, so you can get your protein in while you eat your pasta!
- Tolerant Organic Lentil Pasta: Pasta made from lentils– how cool is that? Perfect in any pasta dish.
- Blueberry Swapples: These waffles are paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and AIP-friendly! I love to toast and then serve them with nut butter and fresh fruit.
Crackers & Snacks
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers: These light “buttery” classic crackers are a staple in my house!
- Mary’s Gone Crackers SuperSeed Original Crackers: I love these crackers because they’re dense and “seedy”, without any added oils. They withstand thick dips like hummus and nut-cheese without breaking!
- Siete Sea Salt Tortillas Chips: These tortillas chips are addicting and made from cassava flour baked in avocado oil. Excellent with salsa and queso!
- Lesser Evil Himalayan Pink Salt Popcorn: The best vegan popcorn, popped in coconut oil and pink Himalayan sea salt. Perfect for movie nights!
- Lundberg Farms Thin Stackers Rice Cakes: I use these rice cake stackers anywhere I’d normally use bread! They’re dense and flat so you can load them up with nut butter and avocado.
Best Baking Essentials
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Oat Flour: For those days when you *could* make your own oat flour, but are just feeling really lazy.
- Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour: The best almond flour for gluten-free and grain-free baking, even no-baking!
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour: I use this flour in cakes and pastries where I’m not sure whether oat or almond flour will achieve the right consistency. This flour always does the trick!
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal: I always have this on hand to mix up my “flax eggs” as a dairy-free binder.
- Hu Kitchen Gems: I use these vegan and paleo baking and snacking chips in almost all of my recipes! They melt well and taste even better.
- Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips: These are great to use when you need tiny chocolate chips, because they are available in mini size and they taste great!
- Endangered Species Oat Milk Dark Choc Chips: These chips are made from oat milk! Great for baking and no-baking, and melt beautifully.
- Alter Eco Super Blackout Dark Chocolate: My favorite extremely dark chocolate– try the Super Blackout if you’re into the cacao taste, like I am!
- Simple Mills Pancake Mix: Ideal for lazy weekend breakfasts when you don’t want to mix up your own pancake batter. Use flax eggs where the box calls for real eggs!
- Simple Mills Banana Bread: The best boxed banana bread I’ve ever tried! You can also bake this into muffins. Just sub in a flax egg for the real egg!
- Simple Mills Chocolate Cake Mix: For when you need to bake a vegan cake quickly and have no time to bake it without some help. Use flax eggs where the box calls for egg! Frost with Simple Mills Frosting.
Vitamins & Supplements
- Megafood B12 Gummies: My favorite daily vegan and gluten-free gummy, to get my daily dose of B12.
- Country Life B12 Gummies: These gummies are great for when you need a higher supplement of B12 to replenish your levels.
- Tone It Up Vanilla Protein Powder and Tone It Up Chocolate Protein Powder: I’ve been using this protein powder for 6+ years. It has simple ingredients, great flavor, and can be used in smoothies, baking and more!
- ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder and ALOHA Chocolate Protein Powder: I love that this protein powder is both all-natural and organic! They don’t use artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors in their products.
- Pop&Bottle Almond Milk Matcha Latte: I love to have these on hand for on-the-go mornings, when I only have time to grab and go. These single serve bottles have simple ingredients and are lightly sweetened with dates!
Very-Good Vegan Desserts
- Hail Merry Tarts: These are so good they should be illegal. I love breaking out a package from the fridge when I’m PMS-ing or need an edible hug.
- Free 2 Be Dark Chocolate SunButter Cups: For when you want a Reese’s Cup, but don’t want to feel like you ate one. These are amazing!
- Simple Mills Chocolate Chip Cookies: These kind of taste like Chips Ahoy, but the ingredient list is much, much better.
- Coconut Bliss Ice Cream: My favorite vegan ice cream, made from coconut milk and organic ingredients! Check out all of the flavors and grab a pint!
If you use any of these Vegan & Gluten-Free Product Alternatives in your recipes, please let me know!
I love to see your variations on recipes to make them yours with ingredients you have on hand.
Please share it with a friend if you think this information might help them, too.
For more recipe resources, check out my Easy Vegan & Gluten-Free Ingredients Substitutions and 75+ Plant-Based & Gluten-Free Pantry Recipe Guide!
Check out my Pinterest page to pin more recipe like this one to make later!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!