Here are my go-to plant-based staples I always have in my pantry, fridge, and freezer with my favorite brand recommendations! Happy grocery shopping!
This is a post I’ve been meaning to share for a while now, so what better time than the present, when we’re all taking stock of our pantry and freezer storage.
Below you can find My Top Plant-Based & Gluten-Free Pantry Staples.
I sorted them into some makeshift categories to make them a little easier and more approachable.
You won’t find fresh fruit and vegetables in this listing, because I find what I buy depends on seasonality and availability, as well as what recipes I’m creating!
However, this is a concise list of all of the items I try to always keep in stock that serve as the building blocks to great vegan and gluten-free plant-based meals.
I’ve also listed below many of my favorite brands to give you some guidelines, but feel free to explore what’s out there and pick your own favorite!
If you have any questions about the products, brands, where to find them, or how to use them, please let me know!
If this post is helpful to you, please share it with a friend or anyone who is looking for inspiration for vegan and gluten-free options.
Stay healthy and well!
- Hilary’s Eat Well Meatless Veggie Burgers
- Cascadian Farms Cauliflower Rice Blends
- Siete Almond Flour Tortillas
- Food For Life Wheat-Free Bread
- organic frozen vegetables
- organic frozen fruit
- legume-based pasta (check out Chickapea Pasta and Tolerant Foods)
- brown rice
- gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- medjool dates
- hemp hearts
- chia seeds
- dried fruit (I love Fruit Bliss!)
- unsalted sprouted nuts (Try Blue Mountain Organics)
- flaxseed meal
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- aluminum-free baking powder
- Superfine Almond Flour
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- unrefined coconut sugar
- raw cacao powder
- dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- silan (date syrup)
- lemon juice
- lime juice
- avocado oil
- no-sugar-added pasta sauce (My favorite is Cucina Antica)
- jarred tomatoes, diced and crushed (my favorite is Jovial)
- vegetable broth (get one without added sugars and natural flavors like Pacific Foods Organic Veggie Broth)
- canned, jarred, or boxed beans (I get the boxed kind from Whole Foods or cans by Eden Foods)
- canned coconut milk (I like to have the original AND the light on hand)
- pure maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- balsamic vinegar
- green and black olives
- tomato paste
- curry paste
- favorite spices
- Tandoori Masala seasoning— it’s amazing!!!
- dried herbs
- canned pumpkin
- unsweetened apple sauce
- Simple Mills Crackers
- granola (I love KitchFix Grain-Free Granola, Purely Elizabeth Granola, Wildway Grain-Free Granola, and Grandy Oats Granola)
- Rise Bars: Use “FLORA25” to get 25% off!
- Evo Hemp Fruit & Nut Bars: Use “FLORA20” for 20% off!)
- Bare Snacks Baked Fruit Chips
- Bare Snacks Baked Veggie Chips
- BRAMI Lupini Bean Snacks
- rice cakes (I love these stackers from Lundberg Farms)
- dairy-free yogurt (Lovve Lavva is my favorite)
- Treeline Treenut Artisan Nut-Cheese
- unsweetened almond milk (Malk is the best!)