Stay pretty in pink with these 7-ingredient vegan and gluten-free peanut butter cheesecakes with an oil-free option. Perfect for Valentines Day or anytime you need a bright clean dessert!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 1–2 hours, then drained and rinsed
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened
- ~ 1/4 cup frozen pitaya (1/2 pack!) + more to reach desired “pink”
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (my favorite!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk + more as needed
- Add dates and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until well combined and sticky.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin. Optional: create the strips of parchment paper and press them into the muffin slots. Later, they’ll act as tabs that make removing the cheesecake cups easier (tip from Minimalist Baker!)
- Press 1 1/2- 2 TBS of date-nut mixture from the blender into each muffin slot and pack down with your hands to form the cheesecake crust. If your hands stick, try using the back of a spoon, or, I found the bottom side of a protein scoop to be the perfect utensil! Place in the freezer while you make the pink peanut butter cheesecake filling.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth. This will take a few minutes. Try blending in increments and stirring to test the consistency. You want it to be thick but pourable. If it’s too solid, try adding together, add almond milk in 1 TBS increments until you reach your desired consistency. Try adding more or less pitaya here to manipulate the pink color.
- Taste and adjust if you need a bit more maple syrup.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins, pouring from the the blender and smoothing the tops with the back of a spoon or spatula. Tap the muffin tin a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Allow the muffin tin to sit at room temp for bout 10 minutes. To serve the Pink Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cups, tug on the tabs or loosening them with a small knife. They should pop out easily.
- Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers in the freezer for up to one month, though best when fresh!
*Adapted from Minimalist Baker
**Prep time does not include time to freeze
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Oil Free, Gluten Free