Colorful roasted beet salad for a spring dining spread. Gluten-free, oil-free, and packed with seasonal colors and veggies. Pair with a glass of Prosecco!
When I put on my first pair of glasses, I walked outside the optometrist’s office to a crisply defined outdoors.
I commented the whole way home to my parents how…”the trees…they have leaves!”
All those formerly fuzzy shapes did indeed have borders, and I couldn’t believe how much I’d been missing.
This time of year always makes me feel like I’m putting on my OshKosh glasses again and ogling at the trees.
Watching everything dead routinely come alive again is a bit magical, no?
It’s Sunday and I want to propose a toast.
To spring, to new beginnings, and to big spreads of roasted seasonal veg with a little bubbly to wash it all down.
This Roasted Beet Salad with Lentils, Carrot Ribbons, & Citrus Tahini + Prosecco is the perfect plant-based wine pairing for your Easter table or anytime Spring dining!
This splendid spread had humble Tupperware beginnings, guys, inspired by my weekly meal prep.
Roasted beets paired with hearty lentils, radishes, carrot, herbs, and a sweet oil-free citrus tahini.
I ate it in front of Dan once, an unrecognizable bowl of scarlet tahini covered kale, who asked in all seriousness, “What are you eating?”
(The beets turn everything pink!)
I started to think, however, that this deliciously homely salad might be a diamond in the rough.
To share with you, I added some fun veg flourishes and a glass of prosecco and what do you know, it cleaned up pretty well.
I wanted this salad to be beautiful enough to dress up for finer plant-based dining but easy enough to dress down for a quick meal.
You’re going to love the mix of raw and roasted vegetables in this recipe!
Crunchy carrots contrast with velvety cooked beets and tender lentils…yum.
If you’re looking for the speed notes versions, I recommend finely dicing your carrots along with the white onion instead.
But if you’re dressing to impress…carrot ribbons make everything feel fancier!
Tell me to BEET it and I’ll stop with beets.
But until then…
I love this salad with a mix of golden and red beets for their vibrant bright colors and different flavor profiles.
Red beets tend to have a bolder earthier flavor while golden beets are a bit milder and candy sweet.
A note on serving: for aesthetics, be sure to add the red beets to the mix last so they don’t make the entire salad bright red!
Are you a fan of bubbly?
I’ve always loved a glass of champagne for a celebration
I was really excited to sample this Prosecco from 90+ Cellars that marks the first wine in their collection made from certified organic grapes!
Yes, a lot of wines are made from organic grapes, but not all of them actually get the certification to be labeled and sold as “organic”.
With this wine, though, you know for sure!
This dry white sparkling wine is perfect paired with roasted vegetables.
If you’re planning an Easter celebration, chances are you won’t just be eating roasted veg (or maybe you will if you’re like me!).
This versatile white wine is sure to pair well with the whole spread!
Easter brunch mimosas, anyone?
Enjoy this Roasted Beet Salad with Lentils, Carrot Ribbons, & Citrus Tahini for a light fresh side, entree, or brunch.
It would be a beautiful addition to your Easter dining table or Spring celebration!
I love to create the basic mix for easy veg-packed workweek meal with the option to dress it up for weekend celebration plus a little sparkling wine.
If you make this Roasted Beet Salad with Lentils, Carrot Ribbons, & Citrus Tahini + Prosecco, let me know!
Come say hi on Instagram and use #floraandvino.
Check out my Pinterest page to pin more recipes like this one to make later.
For more fresh salads, check out my “Sweetgreeny” Detox Salad with Detox Tahini Dressing or Cranberry Quinoa Brussel Sprout Salad with Apple Cider Tahini.
For more plants plus wine pairings, check out my Spinach, Artichoke, & Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms With Cabernet.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Roasted Beet Salad with Lentils, Carrot Ribbons, & Citrus Tahini
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Diet: Vegan
Colorful roasted beet salad for your spring dining spread. Gluten-free, oil-free, and packed with seasonal colors and veggies. Pair with a glass of Prosecco!
- 1 bottle 90+ Cellars Prosecco (optional for pairing)
Roasted Beet Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils, any color
- 3–4 rainbow beets (I used golden and red!), scrubbed
- 1 bunch kale, washed and finely shredded
- 1–2 carrots sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler (or finely diced)
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced in half to roast or thinly sliced to add raw
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup runny tahini
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar (optional)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum.
- Wrap the scrubbed beets in foil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake them or 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the beets.
- Unwrap them carefully and allow them to cool slightly. Once cool, peel the beets by rubbing them gently with your hands under cool tap water. The outer skin will start to sluff off. Continue until completely peeled, then thinly slice the beets with a mandoline slicer or a knife.
- While the beets are roasting, prepare your other ingredients.
- Prepare the lentils according to package instructions if you haven’t already done so, or sub canned lentils for a quick alternative*.
- Prepare the citrus tahini dressing by adding all ingredients to a high speed blender and blending until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can whisk together by hand with a fork. Add more filtered water or tahini as needed to reach desired consistency. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Wash and chop the kale and parsley, and dice the white onion.
- Thinly slice the radishes with a mandoline slicer and slice your carrot into ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- To assemble the salad, divide the shredded kale between plates and top with roasted sliced beets, lentils, white onion, sliced radishes, and sliced beets. Top them with citrus tahini and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately with a flute of Prosecco!
- Store leftovers salad ingredients separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Dressing will keep for up to one week. Dressing will thicken the longer it’s in the fridge– to thin out before serving, simply add a few tablespoons of filtered water and whisk with a fork!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Salad, Entree
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
This post is brought to you by 90+ Cellars, but all words and eats are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep me hungry!
[…] LOLA Secco VQA with Roasted Beet Salad with Lentils, Carrot Ribbons, & Citrus Tahini. […]