1-pan roasted veggie salad topped with toasted hazelnuts and mulberries. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or side. Serve with a glass of red for fine dining!
- 1 head of cauliflower, any color, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (OPTIONAL)
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- 2 TBSP fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1–2 tsp avocado oil
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- For serving: fresh parsley
- 90+ Cellars Lot 161 Bordeaux
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cut veggies and (optional) chickpeas on the first pan and drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 350°F. Add the hazelnuts and mulberries to the second sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until fragrant and toasted. You’ll know when the hazelnuts are done because they will start to brown and crack. (NOTE: Alternatively, you can achieve the same result on the stovetop over medium heat for ~10 minutes, stirring often.)
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a bowl lined with a clean dish towel or paper towel. cover the hazelnuts with the towel and rub back and forth several times to remove the skins. Transfer hazelnuts and mulberries to a cutting board and roughly chop, if desired.
- To assemble, plate the roasted veggies and top with toasted hazelnuts and mulberries, and fresh parsley. Serve immediately with an optional glass of Bordeaux!
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Entree, Side, Salad
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free