Spaghetti Squash Noodle Bowls made with spaghetti squash, asian spices, and veggies! Made in one pan on the stovetop for an easy workweek dinner.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 portobello mushrooms, wiped clean and gills removed
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 TBSP fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp Thrive® Algae Oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 TBSP Tamari lite
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- For serving: fresh cilantro, pinch of crushed red pepper, and white sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Halve the spaghetti squash and scoop out seeds and pulp with a spoon. Place squash halves facedown on baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on size of squash, until interior is tender makes “noodles” when scraped with a fork.
- While squash is baking, prepare the chickpeas and vegetables.
- Add algae oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the portobello mushrooms, chopped broccoli, and red bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, until veggies are slightly tender. Add in the chickpeas, garlic power, and ground ginger and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- When spaghetti squash is done, remove from the oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before touching. Once slightly cool, scrape the spaghetti squash insides with a fork, creating “spaghetti”, then transfer to the pan with the veggies. Add lime juice, tamari lite, and rice vinegar and stir to combine. Heat for 1-2 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- To serve, halve the mixture between two bowls and garnish with cilantro, crushed red pepper, and sesame seeds.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days, but best when fresh. Spaghetti squash will start to liquify over time.
- Category: Entrée, Pasta
- Method: Oven-Bake, Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free