A spring macro bowl packed with seasonal spring veggies. Oil-free, gluten-free, and packed with plant protein! Perfect for meal prep lunches.
Happy Spring, friends!
It’s always that last stretch of winter that really feels the longest and the coldest, isn’t it?
The days are finally starting to feel longer and warmer and I’m dreaming about vacations and outdoor adventures and all of the seasonal green veggies.
This Spring Macro Bowl is the partial realization of those dreams (now where’s the beach and fruity drink?), and the culmination of all of my favorite spring veggies in one giant bowl.
Produce that’s in season not only looks better, but tastes better.
I get a lot of my recipe inspiration based on what’s available, so I packed this bowl with all of my spring finds.
You’re going to love the variety of textures and tastes with bright bursts of herbs and tangy lemon.
From crunchy radish to creamy artichoke, this bowl really has it all.
I love vegetables so much, sometimes I have to check myself to make sure that my giant bowls of veggies have some protein in there, too.
You don’t need to have that same worry, though, because I made sure this macro bowl is packed with plant protein and fats to keep you well balanced.
Quinoa, peas, chickpeas, and pistachios are all an excellent source of plant protein and avocado and pistachios add healthy fats.
This bowl is perfect for your spring meal prepping!
Prepare the quinoa and veggies in advance to throw your Spring Macro Bowls together for easy weekday lunches.
I added a dollop of Kale Pesto Hummus and freshly squeezed lemon to dress my bowl, but some other ideas are lemon tahini dressing, whatever hummus you have on hand, or pesto.
If you make this Spring Macro Bowl I’d love to hear what you think.
Want more oil-free, gluten-free, veg packed bowls?
If you love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get recipe updates sent right to your inbox!
Bring in spring greens with this macro bowl packed with seasonal veggies. Oil-free gluten-free, and packed with plant protein! Perfect for meal prep and quick lunches.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white quinoa
- 6 cups kale, massaged
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 4 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 3–4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- kale pesto hummus
andfulof mint leaves
- 1 TBSP hemp hearts
- sliced avocado, optional
- If you haven’t already cooked your quinoa, prepare it first according to package instructions.
- Rinse the asparagus and snap off the woody ends. Steam them in a pan on the stove top with peas for 2-3 minutes, until vibrant green and fork tender.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare your bowl additions for serving.
- Chop the pistachios, slice the artichoke heats, slice the avocado and radish, and rinse the kale and mint leaves.
- Massage the kale with lemon juice and allow to sit and wilt slightly.
- To assemble the bowls, divide kale and quinoa between bowls and top with chickpeas, peas, artichoke hearts, pistachios, avocado, and sliced radish. Add a dollop of kale pesto hummus and garnish with mint leaves and hemp hearts.
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge and throw together for easy leftover lunches.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Macro Bowl, Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free