True story: I never liked stuffing.
I did not like it here or there,
I did not like it ANYWHERE.
I’m trying to pinpoint why I didn’t like it at such a young age, but all I came up with is that it was too bread-y, or herb-y, or SOMETHING for my palette.
I always had a sad soggy lump of it on my Thanksgiving plate long after the cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, and green beans had disappeared, leaving only traces of their appeal in bits smudges of red, orange, and green.
But what if you could eat the rainbow in your stuffin’, too?
This Stovetop Cauliflower Rice Stuffing is both grain-free and gluten-free, packed with savory herbs and veggies, and made exceptionally easy in just one pan.
Let’s get stuffing!
I used Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Riced Cauliflower as the easy base to this stuffing to tie all of those groovy veggie chunks together.
If you can’t find Cece’s Veggie Co. cauliflower rice near you, try ricing your own cauliflower or sub chopped cauliflower instead for the same great flavor.
Next, load it up with chopped onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and extra chopped cauliflower for that chunky “stuffing” feel.
An enticing mixture of parsley, rosemary, and sage compliment the veggies without being overpowering.
A splash of veggie broth and a pinch of salt and pepper later, you have yourself a stupendous stuffing!
This Stovetop Cauliflower Rice Stuffing is the perfect veg-packed side dish to add to your holiday spread!
Because this recipe is allergen free, gluten free, grain free, vegan, and paleo, it’s ideal for all of the different eaters at your table.
Serve a big spoonful along side your main meal and continue to enjoy it as the dependable base for leftovers days after the feast.
If you’re looking for more texture and intrigue, try adding in dried cranberries and pecans for texture, sweetness, and crunch.
I love mine with a smattering of fresh herbs as a part of the feast, but it’s also great post-holiday for leftover T-day bowls!
If you make this Stovetop Cauliflower Rice Stuffing, let me know!
Be sure to leave me a comment, rating, and review so I can use your feedback to make more yums.
Come say hi at @flora_and_vino on Instagram and use #floraandvino.
If you loved this post and want more, go to my homepage and subscribe to get deliciousness delivered right to your inbox!
Low-carb cauliflower stuffing that is grain free and gluten free thanks to cauliflower! Made easily in one pan on the stovetop for a quick nutritious holiday side.
- 1 TBS avocado oil (sub veggie broth if OF for varied results)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 package Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Riced Cauliflower
- 1 c. (8-oz.) package baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley or thyme
- 2 TBS freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the avocado oil.
- Once warm, add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until soft, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice, chopped cauliflower, and mushrooms and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 7-8 minutes more.
- Add parsley, rosemary, and sage and stir until combined. Pour veggie broth over the mixture and head until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days, though best when fresh.
*Adapted from The Food Network
- Category: Appetizer, Side
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Vegan
This post is brought to you by Cece’s Veggie Co., but all words and eats are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep me hungry!