5-ingredient SunButter Date Squares with sunflower seed butter, medjool dates, oats, and almond flour naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
- 2 cups pitted and packed Medjool dates
- 1 TBSP No-Sugar-Added SunButter
- filtered water, as needed
CRUST & CRUMBLE:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup No-Sugar-Added SunButter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- First, prepare the date filling. If your dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes before adding to the recipe. Add the dates to a high speed blender with the spoonful of SunButter and process until perfectly smooth and creamy, adding splashes of filtered water as needed to get the blades moving. The filling should be thick and spreadable. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Add the almond flour, oats, No-Sugar-Added SunButter, and maple syrup to a bowl and stir until thick and well incorporated. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Press 2/3 of the mixed “dough” into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the date filling on top of the bottom layer. Finally, use your hands to crumble the remaining dough and sprinkle it over the top.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, until the crumb topping is crisp and lightly browned on top.
- Allow the pan to cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Store leftover SunButter Date Squares at room temp for a few days, in the fridge for up to one week and in the freezer for several months.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free