1-bowl fudgy vegan brownies made with almond flour and chocolate chunks. Gluten-free, grain-free, and naturally sweet with coconut sugar and maple syrup.
- 1 cup Hu Kitchen Gems
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP + 6 TBSP)
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup tahini or almond butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP almond flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and filtered water and whisk to combine. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to gel.
- Add in the coconut sugar, maple syrup, and tahini and whisk everything until it’s smooth.
- Sift in the almond flour, cacao powder, and baking powder, and mix until all of the ingredients are well-combined. Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate gems.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth the top off with a spatula. Top the batter with the remaining chocolate gems.
- Bake the brownies for 15-18 minutes, then remove them from the oven to cool. The brownies will appear underdone when they’re first removed from the oven, but will firm up while cooling. DO NOT OVER COOK. For fudgier brownies, remove them at the 15 minutes mark or bake an additional 3 minutes for firmer brownies.
- Cool the brownies for at least 30 minutes before cutting, then slice them into squares with a knife and serve. Store leftover brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week and freeze for longterm storage.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Oil-Free