Easy Turmeric Cauliflower Rice packed with “eggy” tofu scramble. Enjoy for a protein packed breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Serve with your favorite add-ons!
How was your Fourth of July?
We took Harper to her first fireworks show, and, to be honest, she seemed a lot more interested in the pizza Dan was eating than the bursts of color exploding into the night sky.
Like mother like dogger, right?
My priority lately has been colorful cauliflower rice.
Specifically, these Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Bowls with “Eggy” Tofu.
They’re packed with bright colored veggies, anti-inflammatory turmeric, and some seriously good tasting tofu.
Ah, cauliflower rice.
A definite staple in my meal rotation.
Don’t get me wrong, I love me a good cauliflower rice burrito bowl, which is really my (and probably yours, too, right?) go-to cauliflower rice recipe.
Lately I’ve been doing this thing when I don’t have dinner, I just rip open a pack of frozen cauliflower rice into the skillet and LOAD. IT. UP.
It’s totally normal to eat an entire bag of cauliflower rice for dinner, right?
Lie to me.
Anyway, I decided that I was tired of the whole Mexican thing, and decided to go for a different take on things with a shake of turmeric and the addition of a colorful vegetable blend.
I had tofu left in the fridge, so I made a quick scramble on the side for protein and then threw both creations together.
The most random meal ever, right?
But this is how the best recipes are born, buds.
You’re going to love the mixed textures from scrambled tofu, tender cauliflower rice, and tender-crisp veggies.
The tofu is seasoned with a special spice blend and nutritional yeast that magically give tofu that sulphur-y “egg-y” taste.
I like to crumble mine leaving large chunks to excitedly excavate during the dining.
For veggies, I went with green peas, carrots, and red bell pepper, but feel free to create your own blend.
I think broccoli, snap peas, and mushrooms would be great here, too!
Enjoy these Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Bowls with “Eggy” Tofu as a protein-packed meal anytime of the day!
I say “any time of the day” because this was ALMOST a breakfast bowl recipe.
You’ve already got the tofu scramble part down, so why not serve it over some nutritious cauli rice for a fresh start to the day?
In the end, I left the title open ended for you so you can decide when and how to enjoy it!
I love to add avocado, hummus, herbs, and seeds to my bowls for the finishing flavor finale!
Some other ideas are– yogurt sauce, salsa, nuts, and citrus.
If you make these Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Bowls with “Eggy” Tofu, let me know!
Visit my Pinterest page to pin more recipe like this one to make later!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Easy Turmeric Cauliflower Rice packed with “eggy” tofu scramble. Enjoy for a protein packed breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Serve with your favorite add-ons to make it yours.
- TURMERIC CAULIFLOWER RICE
- avocado oil spray
- 1 large head cauliflower, riced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- 4 green onion, green parts only, thinly sliced
- “EGGY” TOFU
- 1 16 oz package firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 2–4 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP Tamari Lite
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- pinch of black pepper
- For Serving: hummus, herbs, seeds, avocado, etc.
- Grate your cauliflower into “rice” by adding florets to a high speed blender or food processor and pulsing until a “rice” consistency forms.
- Spray a nonstick pan with avocado oil spray and heat over medium. Add the cauliflower rice, white onion, red bell pepper, carrots, and peas to the pan. Cover and cooke for 5-7 minutes to allow to steam, stirring often. Add the turmeric, Himalayan sea salt, and green onion and mix well to incorporate. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make your “Eggy” Tofu Scramble. Drain, rinse, and do a quick press on the tofu block. Crumble the tofu with your hands in a large bowl and add the nutritional yeast, Tamari Lite, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, curry powder, and black pepper and mix well to combine. Spray a pan with a bit of avocado oil spray and heat over medium high. Add the seasoned tofu to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until browned on most sides.
- To assemble, divide the cauliflower rice between bowls and top with “Eggy” Tofu Scramble.
- Garnish with your favorite add-ons like hummus, avocado, herbs, and seeds.
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Category: Entree, Breakfast, Dinner
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Vegan
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use these links. I only recommend brands I love, trust, and can’t keep quiet about!