A collection of simple and delicious vegan and gluten-free appetizers that are perfect for at-home celebrations, dinner parties, and between meal munchies!
I can’t quite believe there is less than one week left in 2020.
It feels like the year simultaneously took *forever* and yet no time time at all, doesn’t it?
Half of me still feels frozen in March, hunkered down at home, canceling plans, hoarding frozen foods, and obsessively watching the news.
I’m starting to organize virtual plans for New Years Eve; maybe a game night or maybe just enjoying some bubbles and conversation with friends.
This time last year I was coordinating my dress, shoes, and hair for a girls night out with a group of fun gals in the city.
But just because the wild NYE parties are cancelled this year doesn’t mean the eats are.
This is the perfect opportunity to throw together a bunch of plant based apps to ring in the new year healthy and satisfied!
The *one* thing I always struggled with at parties or gatherings was a lack of vegan appetizers.
I love creating them for the blog to show how easy it is to make plants, well…appetizing!
I’ve divided this listing into four categories: Dip & Spreads, Finger Food, Munchies, Small Plates, & Sweet Snacks so there’s something for everyone and ever occasion.
Many of the recipes are also oil-free, grain-free, and refined-sugar-free.
In this Vegan & Gluten-Free Appetizer Round Up you’ll find a listing of creative plant-based bites that you can snack on while socializing!
Dips & Spreads: for when you feel like dipping into something delicious.
- 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Hummus: 5 ingredient pumpkin hummus naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Perfectly paired with apple chips, fresh fruit, or spread on toast or crackers.
- Creamy Cauliflower Dip: Easy 6-ingredient creamy cauliflower dip that’s oil-free, legume-free, and perfect for pairing with your favorite veggie chips!
- Easy Beet Hummus (Oil-Free!): Easy bright beet hummus made oil-free and super creamy with tahini, lemon, and and seasonings. Perfect to make in advance to upgrade your snacking!
- Perfect 5-Ingredient Guacamole: Minimalist guac with only five ingredients! Pair with carrot chips for a killer complimentary combo!
- Raw Carrot Hummus: Easy bright carrot hummus made oil-free and super creamy with tahini, lemon, and and seasonings. Perfect to make in advance to upgrade your snacking!
- Roasted Cauliflower Cashew Queso: Creamy and “cheesy” vegan queso with roasted cauliflower and cashews. Perfect for dipping and adding to your favorite Mexican dishes.
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Avocado Dip: Creamy cilantro lime avocado dip made with avocado, unsweetened almond milk yogurt, fresh herbs, and squeezed lime. Serve with grain-free crackers!
- 7- Layer Mexican Dip: Vegan 7-layer dip with refried beans, guacamole, salsa, cauliflower cashew queso, tomatoes, black olives, and green onion. Serve with grain-free crackers!
- Sunny SunButter Hummus: Easy savory hummus made super creamy with the addition of sunflower seed butter in place of tahini. Serve with fresh cut veggies, crackers, or fruit.
- Easy Raw Cashew Cheese & Rose: Easy creamy vegan cheese dip made with cashews, lemon, garlic, and nutritional yeast. Perfect for dipping veggies, crackers, and fruit!
Check here for more Dips & Spreads outside of this Vegan & Gluten-Free Appetizer Round Up!
Finger Food: for when no forks are required!
- Pea Pesto Sweet Potato Poppers: Oil-free sweet potato rounds baked and smashed with herbed pea pesto. The perfect healthy appetizer for game-day or any-day!
- Eggplant Rounds With Herbed Yogurt Sauce & Pomegranate: Easy vegan appetizer, side, or small bite with an eggplant base and a creamy dairy-free yogurt sauce. Top with fresh herbs and pomegranate.
- Baked Tempeh Tots: Baked tempeh tots seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and nutritional yeast with an almond flour breading. Perfect for a protein packed snack!
- Lentil Walnut Beet Balls: Beet balls that are vegan, gluten free, an oil-free. Serve as an appetizer or in a big bowl of your favorite roasted veggies. Drizzle with oil-free tahini dressing!
- Cajun Cauliflower Poppers: Cajun cauliflower poppers ready in under 30 minutes with less than 10 ingredients for the perfect plant-based game time or anytime appetizer.
- Golden Sesame Squash Fries: Butternut squash “fries” seasoned with turmeric and cumin with a sesame seed twist! Bake a pan for a healthy snack or side paired with your favorite dip.
Check here for more Finger Foods outside of this Vegan & Gluten-Free Appetizer Round Up!
Munchies; for when you just need a crunchy snack.
- Vegan Tahini “Cheez-Its”: Vegan “cheez-its” made with nutritional yeast and a gluten-free almond oat base. Use tahini to keep these crackers oil-free with a sesame twist!
- Easy Maple Spiced Nuts: Simple spiced nuts baked with cinnamon and nutmeg naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup. Perfect to bake for a holiday appetizer or gift!
- Chunky Monkey Superfood Banana Chip Bites: https://www.floraandvino.com/chunky-monkey-superfood-banana-chip-bites/
- My Go-To Trail Mix: 5-minute mix it yourself trail-mix with cashews, cranberries, dark chocolate, shredded coconut, and a shake of cinnamon. Perfect for on-the-go snacking!
- Grain-Free Almond Flour Crackers: Crispy grain-free crackers made with almond flour, ground flaxseed meal, and simple seasonings. Perfect for a nutritious snack solo or with dip!
- “Cheezy” Miso Kale Chips: Easy oil-free kale chips with a vegan “cheese” sauce made in just eight ingredients! Perfect for a nutritious snack– you won’t be able to eat just one!
Check here for more Munchies outside of this Vegan & Gluten-Free Appetizer Round Up!
Small Plates; for a mini meal that feels light and totally posh.
- Pizza Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms & Pinot Noir: Portobello mushrooms with veggie lovers toppings, herbed nut cheese, and pine nuts. Perfect as a plant-based appetizer or entree with a glass of red!
- Curried Cranberry Apple Pecan Chickpea Salad Cups: 1-bowl curried chickpea salad with apples, pecans, cranberries, and a delicious spicy yogurt base. Serve with radicchio cups for a fun lunch, snack, or appetizer.
- Hummus Stuffed Zucchini Boats: Zucchini boats baked with all of the Greek fixings like hummus, tomato, olives, red onion, and pine nuts. Try them for a light snack, meal, or appetizer.
- Endive Boats with SunButter Sauce: Endive leaves stuffed with carrots, celery, and sunflower seeds with a creamy oil-free SunButter dressing. Perfect to serve as a plant-based appetizer!
- Loaded Sweet Potato Chip Nachos with Sweet Potato Cheese: Quick and easy plant based “nachos” with sweet potato chips and all the fixings. Perfect for a plant-based side, appetizer, or game time snack.
- Oil-Free Sweet Potato Fries with Lemon & Tahini: Easy oil-free baked sweet potato wedge fries served with lemon and tahini. Enjoy as a healthy plant-based snack or side dish.
Check here for more Small Plates outside of this Vegan & Gluten-Free Appetizer Round Up!
Sweet Snacks: for when you want dessert before the main event.
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Date Caramel: Vegan caramel with no added sugar and just three ingredients! Super drizzly with creamy peanut butter, and naturally sweetened with Medjool dates.
- Apple Chip Nachos with Date Caramel: Easy and healthy snack nachos with apple chips, date caramel, dried fruit, dark chocolate, and chopped nuts. Perfect for an elevated snack or dessert.
- SunButter Stuffed Dates: Simply sweet snack or dessert made with juicy dates and sunflower seed butter. Add your own toppings to make your own variation!
- Cacao Chickpea Cookie Dough “Snackwiches”: Healthy “cookie dough” made with chickpeas, nut butter, and flaxseed. Serve with your favorite snack cookie for a protein packed snack or dessert.
Check here for more Sweet Snacks outside of this Vegan & Gluten-Free Appetizer Round Up!
If you make anything from this Vegan & Gluten-Free Appetizer Round Up, please let me know!
For more vegan and gluten-free appetizers, check out the full listing here!
Check out my Pinterest page to pin more recipe like this one to make later!
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Happy dining and happy new year!