Easy hummus pasta salad made in 1-bowl with your favorite hummus, legume-based pasta, kalamata olives, cherry tomato, and cucumber. Perfect for a cookout main or side!
- 8 oz. dry rotini chickpea pasta (I like this kind!)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup filtered water from cooked pasta, reserved
- 1 cup your favorite hummus (can be any flavor! I find plain or garlic is best)*
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber or 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- handful of fresh parsley, minced
- fresh lemon, squeezed
- Boil pasta until al dente, (cooked according to package directions). Drain mostly, leaving 1/4 – 1/2 cup water with the pasta.
- Transfer pasta and pasta water to a large mixing bowl or leave in the pot.
- Mix in the hummus and black pepper, stirring well until all of the pasta is completely coated. If the pasta is too dry, add in 2-4 TBSP filtered water and stir until you have a creamy consistency.
- Add in the olives, tomatoes, cucumber and stir thoroughly until vegetables are well covered.
- Add in the fresh parsley and stir to just combine.
- Serve warm immediately or cover and refrigerate overnight to chill. Serve with optional fresh squeezed lemon. Store leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days and toss to recombine before serving. If pasta gets dry, add additional filtered water and/or 1-2 Tablespoons of hummus before serving.
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Oil-Free