Hearty plant-based cacciatore with bell pepper, onions, and tomatoes over zucchini noodles with tofu cubes for protein. Perfect for easy weeknight dinner.
- 16 oz. extra-firm tofu, cut into large cubes
- 1–2 tsp avocado oil (if oil-free, sub vegetable broth as needed)
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into thin strips
- 3 bell peppers (any color), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 18-oz. can diced, crushed, or whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 packages Cece’s Veggie Co. Noodles Zucchini Spirals
- fresh parsley or basil, for serving (optional)
- vegan parm, for serving
- Heat avocado oil in an extra large pan over medium heat.
- Add cubed tofu with a pinch of salt and pepper and heat for 5-8 minutes, until all sides are lightly browned.
- Push to the side to make room for the vegetables and add the sliced onion and bell pepper. Saute for another 5 minutes, until lightly seared and softened.
- Sprinkle in the dried thyme and add jarred tomatoes of choice.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 25-30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Meanwhile, prepare zucchini spirals by sautéing for 3-5 minutes or, alternatively, you can serve raw.
- To serve, divide zucchini spirals between plates and top with cacciatore. Garnish with fresh parsley and vegan parm.
- Store leftover cacciatore and zoodles serpartetly in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheat before serving.
*Recipe heavily adapted from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan
- Category: Entree, Pasta
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free