Easy 1-pot pasta with gluten-free pasta, bell pepper, kale, and kalamata olives with a fresh tomato basil pasta sauce. Perfect for easy weeknight dinners!
- 4 quarts+ filtered water
- 12-oz. gluten-free pasta of choice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 25 oz. jar of Cucina Antica Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the gluten-free pasta and cook according to package instructions to reader desired tenderness. (I recommend leaving pasta slightly undercooked as it will cook more later on!) Remove cooked pasta from the heat, drain pasta in a colander, and set aside.
- Rinse out the saucepan and return to the stovetop. Heat over medium-high with the drizzle of avocado oil. Add in the onion, bell pepper, and garlic powder and sauté for 6-8 minutes until fragrant and lightly browned. Add in the kale in the last few minutes of cooking and allow it to completely wilt.
- To the same saucepan, add back in the cooked pasta and pasta sauce and heat until warm and bubbling.
- Remove from heat and top with kalamata olives and fresh basil. Serve immediately!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat before serving.
- Category: Pasta, One-Pan
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free