Vegan and gluten-free “Tagalong” cookies with an almond butter twist! Made easily with almond flour, almond butter, maple syrup, and dark chocolate.
- 2 cups super-fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup all-natural almond butter
- 1 cup Hu Kitchen Simple Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup to a large bowl and mix until you have a pliable dough.
- Scoop the dough using a 1″ TBSP cookie scoop and roll with your hands into a round ball. Flatten with your palms to form a circular disc. Use your finger to create a small dent in the center of each cookie. This is where the almond butter will go, later!
- Place cookies on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 14-15 minutes, until cookies are slightly brown on the bottom.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the cookie sheet before continuing.
- Once cookies have cooled, add ~1 tsp almond butter into the dent of each cookie and spread it a little over the top. Place cookies in the fridge or freezer for about 15-30 minutes to allow the almond butter and cookies to set.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. Add the Simple Dark Chocolate to a large saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring consistently to avoid burning, until the chocolate is entirely melted. Transfer the melted chocolate to a bowl for easier access for dipping.
- Remove the cookies from the fridge or freezer and dip in the melted chocolate. Use a fork to dip and remove the cookie from the chocolate, making sure to let the excess chocolate drip off before transferring back to the parchment lined baking sheet. Place dipped chocolate covered cookies in the fridge or freezer for about 15-20 minutes to let chocolate set.
- Enjoy immediately after the chocolate is set! Store leftover cookies in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and freeze for longterm storage.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free