Healthy oil-free, gluten-free baked falafel with a fresh cucumber tahini tzatziki! Enjoy this baked falafel in a lunch wrap, in a bowl, or on its own.
- OIL-FREE BAKED FALAFEL
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic power
- 2 TBSP almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1–2 TBSP white sesame seeds
- CUCUMBER TAHINI TZATZIKI
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or cashew yogurt
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 cup chopped english cucumber
- Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional for serving: collard greens, mixed greens, hummus, tomato, cucumber, red onion, parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients, except for the sesame seeds, to a blender or food processor and pulse until blended into a well combined paste.
- Scoop out mixture with a spoon and form into ~1/4 cup patties. Flatten slightly with you hands, if desired.
- Place sesame seeds in a small bowl and dip both sides of the falafel patty into the seeds and place on the parchment paper covered baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the patties are lightly browned on both side.
- For the cucumber tahini tzatziki, add all ingredients to a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Patties keep in the fridge for 5-7 days, and in the freezer for up to one month.
- Category: Side, Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free