Easy banana protein cookies packed with dark chocolate and walnuts. Bake them in advance for portable protein rich snack for all your adventures!
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP golden flaxseed meal + 3 TBSP filtered water)
- 2 large or 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Tone It Up)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup superfine almond meal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Grandy Pantry Organic Walnuts Halves & Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium to large bowl, smash bananas with a fork. Add in the protein powder, oats, almond meal, and cinnamon and stir to combine everything. The mixture should be thick, sticky, and moist.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and walnuts.
- With a cookie scoop, portion out heaping tablespoons of cookie dough and place on the baking sheet. Flatten the dough slightly with your hands.
- Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and the top is set.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and freeze for long term storage.
Recipe adapted from Hummasapian: Banana Nut Protein Cookies
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free