Celebrate the day with grain-free birthday cake batter balls made with chickpeas, maple syrup, cashew butter, and vegan sprinkles! Yes, they taste like b-day cake!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1–2 TBSP coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan sprinkles
- Add the sprinkles to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the chickpeas, maple syrup, cashew butter, and optional vanilla to a large blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and thick, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. The dough should be think and sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the almond flour and 1 TBSP of coconut flour. Mix well with a spatula. The mixture should start to thicken. If the dough is still too sticky to work with, add another TBSP of coconut flour to thicken.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop ~1.5 TBSP of “cake batter” and roll into balls with your hands.
- Roll the birthday cake balls in the sprinkles to coat them. Repeat with remaining mixture until you have ~16-18 balls of similar size.
- Enjoy immediately!
- Store leftover Birthday Cake Batter Chickpea Balls in an airtight container for up to one week. Freeze for longterm storage.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Grain-Free