Flavorful 30-minute burrito bowls made easy with perfectly seasoned broccoli rice, black beans, fajita veggies, and avocado. Perfect for quick weeknight meals for the whole family!
- BROCCOLI LIME RICE
- avocado oil spray
- 1 package Cece’s Veggie Noodle Co. Riced Broccoli (~5 cups)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- Himalayan sea salt
- 1 TBSP lime juice (~ 1 lime, squeezed)
- 1 tsp ground cumin, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup salsa plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- FAJITA VEGGIES
- avocado oil spray
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- BLACK BEANS
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- For serving: Sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, salsa, hot sauce, and lime juice
- Heat a large rimmed skillet over medium heat.
- Once warm, add a bit of avocado oil spray and the riced broccoli (~5 cups). Season with garlic powder, onion, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Place the lid on to steam the “rice” for 5-7 minutes or until tender and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rice from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the lime juice, cumin, salsa and fresh cilantro. Stir to combine and adjust seasonings accordingly, adding more salt, pepper, lime juice, salsa, or more spices to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the large skillet back over medium-high heat. Add a little more avocado oil spray (optional) and the bell pepper and onion and a pinch of sea salt. Sauté, stirring frequently, until slightly softened but still vibrantly colored (~about 5 minutes).
- Add beans to a small saucepan over medium heat and season with cumin and coriander. Once warm, cover until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide broccoli rice, black beans, and fajita veggies between serving bowls. Top with salsa, lime juice, cilantro, hot sauce, and sliced avocado.
- Store leftovers for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Mexican