Plant-based pizza made with a butternut squash crust topped with hummus and roasted veggies. Perfect for a healthy pizza night to share!
- 2 3/4 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 TBSP white chia seeds
- 1 1/2 TBSP filtered water
- 1/2 TBSP raw tahini
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 container Hope Foods Kale Pesto Hummus, or sub any homemade or store bought pesto
- 1 bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- vegan parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Steam cubed butternut squash for about 8 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the squash is steaming, prep a large bowl with white chia seeds and water and mix to combine. Set aside.
- When squash is done, drain and add cubes to the chia seeds bowl and lightly smash to combine.
- Add raw tahini and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Add oat flour, almond meal, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, Himalayan sea salt, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Mix to combine. The dough should be thick but spreadable.
- Spread into a circle on the parchment paper using a rubber spatula, with crust about 1/2″ thick.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Add veggies to a separate parchment lined baking sheet with a pinch of Himalayan sea salt, basil, and red pepper flakes and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven and spread crust with hummus or a store bought pesto. Add on roasted veggies and top with a pinch of red pepper flakes and vegan parmesan.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days, though best when fresh.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free