Easy nut-free toast combination with toasted sunflower seeds, sunflower seed butter, and caramelized banana coins. Perfect for a hearty breakfast or snack!
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 bananas, cut into “coins”
- 1–2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP coconut oil (optional, or omit for OF version)
- 4 TBSP sunflower seed butter
- 4 pieces toast, GF if preferred
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread sunflower seeds in an even layer on the parchment paper. Next, add pan to the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, caramelize your bananas on the stovetop. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add optional coconut oil and banana coins to the pan with a drizzle of maple syrup. Heat for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway, until both sides are golden and sticky.
- To assemble the toasts, spread sunflower seed butter on toasted bread and top with caramelized banana rounds and roasted sunflower seeds.
- Store leftover caramelized banana in the fridge for up to one week.
- Store leftover roasted sunflower seeds in an airtight container for ten days.
- Category: Toast, Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan