Lightened up mashed potatoes made with a mix of Yukon potatoes, cauliflower, and a creamy almond butter “gravy”. Perfect for a plant-based holiday side!
CAULIFLOWER MASHED POTATOES
- 4–6 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 TBSP tahini
- 2–4 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, for serving
ALMOND BUTTER GRAVY
- ¼ cup Georgia Grinders Original Almond Butter
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water OR unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Add the diced potatoes and cauliflower florets to a large pot and cover with enough water to cover them by about ~1”. Bring the pot of water to a boil and cook the potatoes and cauliflower for 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender.
- While the potatoes and cauliflower are cooking, prepare your almond butter gravy. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more unsweetened almond milk in ~1 TBSP increments as needed to reach your desired consistency. You want the gravy to be thick but pourable. If the gravy gets too runny, add a bit more almond butter. Taste and season with more Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, as needed. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and cauliflower, then transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash the potatoes and cauliflower.
- Add in the garlic powder, tahini, almond milk, sea salt, and black pepper. Continue to mash the potatoes and cauliflower until you reach your desired consistency. Mash more for a creamier consistency and less for more chunks!
- Taste the mixture and add more salt and pepper to taste. Add more almond milk in 1 TBSP increments to thin, as needed, if the potato and cauliflower mixture is too thick. Be careful not to add too much almond milk or the mixture will get soupy.
- Serve warm with fresh parsley and drizzle with Almond Butter Gravy.
- Store leftovers separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free