Chickpea & wild rice soup packed with garbanzo beans, wild rice, and savory herbs in a light broth. A classic soup staple for all year round!
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2–3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium stalks celery (diced)
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Eden Foods Wild Rice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sprigs of thyme, stripped
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery and sauté them with a pinch of Himalayan salt.
- After sautéing for 2-3 minutes add mushrooms and an additional pinch of salt and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for a minute until it’s fragrant.
- Stir in the thyme and sauté again for a minute then add in the coconut aminos and stir to combine.
- Next, add in the wild rice, chickpeas and veggie broth and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Allow to cook at a low simmer covered for about 30 minutes or until wild rice is cooked throughout, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Season with Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Divide between bowls and serve warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free