Cinnamon tahini walnut banana bread made gluten-free with almond flour, oats, and tahini. It’s naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and bananas!
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP ground flaxseed + 6 TBSP filtered water)
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3–4 bananas) + 1 banana for top of bread
- 3/4 cup runny tahini
- ¾ cups gluten-free oat flour
- ¾ cups Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Add the flax egg to a large mixing bowl and allow it to gel for ~5 minutes.
- Add in the mashed banana and tahini to the bowl and mix everything well to combine.
- Add the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon to the wet and mix well to combine. The batter should be thick but pourable; without any clumps.
- Fold in the crushed walnuts and mix again to evenly distribute them.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and top with optional sliced banana.
- Bake the bread for 55-65 minutes, or until the top is slightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then lift the bread by the parchment and onto a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week and freeze for long term storage.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Bread, Snack
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free