Baked sweet potatoes stuffed with black beans, cooked corn, raw chopped veggies, avocado, and a squeeze of lime. Perfect for easy meal prep lunch or dinner!
- 1/2 jewel yam, baked
- drizzle of avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Farmer Direct Organic black beans, cooked*
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- handful of shredded leafy greens (optional)
- handful of cilantro, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub sweet potatoes with a bit of avocado oil and place facedown on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until tender to the touch. Baking time will vary depending on size of sweet potato.
- While the sweet potato is baking, prepare your vegetables and herbs by washing and chopping. Cook the corn on the stovetop according the package instructions. Set aside.
- Once sweet potatoes are baked, turn face-up and place on serving plate.
- Score with a knife and stuff with black beans. Top with bell pepper, shredded cabbage, cooked corn, optional leafy greens, avocado, and cilantro. Add a big squeeze of lime and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the fridge fro 1-2 days, though best when served fresh.
see above recipe or sub pre-cooked or canned black beans
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner, Entree
- Method: Oven-Bake, Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free